By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why can the Wii sell the same 3 games forever....?

I feel some bitterness towards the Wii. Bitterness over a console :S
That's not right, not right at all.....

Around the Network
Louie said:
madkiller said:
c0rd said:
madkiller said:

The so-called "legs" that Wii games have is only due to the fact the there have been very few releases at all this year. Once again, there is nothing else to buy. The 360 games compete against a dozen or more games in the same genre at the same time. The Wii games have nothing to compete against at all, especially since there have been virtually no 3rd party games worth buying ever for the Wii.

So how are you going to explain... every other Nintendo game that seems to sell forever? These in particular:

1 Nintendogs Nintendo     20.65m  
2 New Super Mario Bros. Nintendo     16.84m  
3 Pokemon Diamond / Pearl Nintendo     16.65m  
4 Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day Nintendo     15.38m  
5 Mario Kart DS Nintendo     12.91m  
6 Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day Nintendo     12.88m  
7 Animal Crossing: Wild World Nintendo     10.05m  

"No competition," "No games worth playing" again?

By the way, why do you think they even buy the Wii in the first place, if it has no games?

Well, let's see, those are all DS games and the DS has a huge install base and has been around longer, so I should hope those games can sell a lot over time. However, why anyone would buy Nintendogs is totally beyond me.

Again, this is your opinion. It's okay to have your own opinion of course but 20 million people like Nintendogs and almost 30 million like the Brain Training games. Personally, why anyone would play GTA IV is completely beyond me as well, I absolutely dislike the GTA games. But there are millions of people who are totally into GTA, so what? Those 30 million people who like the Brain Training games probably don't like Gears of War or Halo or Bioshock. Does that make them bad games?

Wii and DS do have some great games besides the few you listed. Now if Gran Turismo and Halo sell so well does that mean there are no great games besides them on their respective system?

Sorry, but opinions don't make something good or bad. Things are good or bad regardless of what some people think about it. For instance, a movie comes out and tanks so badly that they lost $20 million. However, there are a handful of people that loved that movie. Does that mean that movie is not bad? Nope, it means those people have terrible tastes...

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

JaggedSac said:
For the same reason that Beverly Hills Chihuahua will make a profit.

This comment borders on trolling! Beverly Hills Chihuahua is crap, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit and SSBB are not.

Signature goes here!

madkiller said:
Louie said:
madkiller said:
c0rd said:
madkiller said:

The so-called "legs" that Wii games have is only due to the fact the there have been very few releases at all this year. Once again, there is nothing else to buy. The 360 games compete against a dozen or more games in the same genre at the same time. The Wii games have nothing to compete against at all, especially since there have been virtually no 3rd party games worth buying ever for the Wii.

So how are you going to explain... every other Nintendo game that seems to sell forever? These in particular:

1 Nintendogs Nintendo 20.65m
2 New Super Mario Bros. Nintendo 16.84m
3 Pokemon Diamond / Pearl Nintendo 16.65m
4 Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day Nintendo 15.38m
5 Mario Kart DS Nintendo 12.91m
6 Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day Nintendo 12.88m
7 Animal Crossing: Wild World Nintendo 10.05m

By the way, why do you think they even buy the Wii in the first place, if it has no games?

Well, let's see, those are all DS games and the DS has a huge install base and has been around longer, so I should hope those games can sell a lot over time. However, why anyone would buy Nintendogs is totally beyond me.

Again, this is your opinion. It's okay to have your own opinion of course but 20 million people like Nintendogs and almost 30 million like the Brain Training games. Personally, why anyone would play GTA IV is completely beyond me as well, I absolutely dislike the GTA games. But there are millions of people who are totally into GTA, so what? Those 30 million people who like the Brain Training games probably don't like Gears of War or Halo or Bioshock. Does that make them bad games?

Wii and DS do have some great games besides the few you listed. Now if Gran Turismo and Halo sell so well does that mean there are no great games besides them on their respective system?

Sorry, but opinions don't make something good or bad. Things are good or bad regardless of what some people think about it. For instance, a movie comes out and tanks so badly that they lost $20 million. However, there are a handful of people that loved that movie. Does that mean that movie is not bad? Nope, it means those people have terrible tastes...

You know... In your example you are the one with the bad taste. Gears and Halo are the franchises only a handful of people enjoy compared to Nintendogs an Brain Training. See? I actually defended you in my last comment - defended you from people like yourself, hehe

Louie said:
madkiller said:
Louie said:
madkiller said:
c0rd said:
madkiller said:

1 Nintendogs Nintendo     20.65m  
2 New Super Mario Bros. Nintendo     16.84m  
3 Pokemon Diamond / Pearl Nintendo     16.65m  
4 Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day Nintendo     15.38m  
5 Mario Kart DS Nintendo     12.91m  
6 Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day Nintendo     12.88m  
7 Animal Crossing: Wild World Nintendo     10.05m  

You know... In your example you are the one with the bad taste.

Um, how? The games I really like are all good AND have sold well...

Around the Network

@madkiller

You should always remember because you don't like something doesn't mean its bad either.

example: A lot of people don't really understand why FPS are so popular, but for me, just like those who like the wii, ds, its pure fun. I enjoy them and i'm sure most people would say the same that buys these games.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Guess "casuals" see quality when they see it.... unlike some reviewers.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

axumblade said:
JaggedSac said:
psrock said:
For the same reason Hanna montana, solja boy, bush, my point is there is a lot of things we wont ever know why they are so popular.

LOL.  I should have used Hannah Montana.  Maybe even High School Musical.  I just don't understand.  Then again, those things aren't made for me either.

Isn't that illegal?

LOL.  That depends on what I was using her for.  I would most likely use her to get close enough to her father to kill him for his shitty music.  So yeah, that would be illegal.

Naum said:
Guess "casuals" see quality when they see it.... unlike some reviewers.

I think it is more like "casuals" wouldn't know quality if it bite them on the ass...

psrock said:
For the same reason Hanna montana, solja boy, bush, my point is there is a lot of things we wont ever know why they are so popular.

Ugh, I hate when people lump Nintendo's popular games with Soulja Boy. Shit is trash!

Really though, there's a big difference - will people still buy his crap 20 years from now? The Virtual Console has proved to be very popular, 20+ year old games like SMB or SMB3 still sell pretty damn well. Pokemon is over 10 years old, and it's still one of the biggest gaming franchises around.