By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Ocean IV does not have the 'only on Xbox 360' label

Lurker said:
If they port it it'll take over a year and Tri-Ace hasn't even worked with PS3 yet. Eternal Sonata port to PS3 sold a lot worse than it did on 360 too, probably be the same story for SO4 like most year old ports.

In the West? Yes because most Western gamers that are interested in SO4 will probably just get the 360 version.  In Japan? No because with the Japanese box art not having the "only on xbox 360" label, Japanese gamers will probably hope for a PS3 port.  I won't be suprised if the PS3 port is only released in Japan if it is actually made.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Lurker said:
If they port it it'll take over a year and Tri-Ace hasn't even worked with PS3 yet. Eternal Sonata port to PS3 sold a lot worse than it did on 360 too, probably be the same story for SO4 like most year old ports.

In the West? Yes because most Western gamers that are interested in SO4 will probably just get the 360 version.  In Japan? No because with the Japanese box art not having the "only on xbox 360" label, Japanese gamers will probably hope for a PS3 port.  I won't be suprised if the PS3 port is only released in Japan if it is actually made.

If they do make it, why would they not release it in the west, they have already done the localisation?

this game is coming to ps3, i think everyone knows that. but its still exclusive on 360 for now.how long no body knows.

to be honest with you, to me an exclusive is a game that will never be on any other console.

eg. forza, gow fable will not be on ps3

eg. goew3 gt5 killzone will not be on 360

......................it wont be much suprise that mgs4 goes on 360, like bioshock came on ps3 etc. there not outright exclusives like the games i mentioned above.

i wish everyone would stop "loosing exclusives" its getting annoying

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Munkeh111 said:
Riachu said:
Lurker said:

In the West? Yes because most Western gamers that are interested in SO4 will probably just get the 360 version. In Japan? No because with the Japanese box art not having the "only on xbox 360" label, Japanese gamers will probably hope for a PS3 port. I won't be suprised if the PS3 port is only released in Japan if it is actually made.

If they do make it, why would they not release it in the west, they have already done the localisation?

Well, that didn't stop Tales of Symphonia PS2 from being Japan-only.

emilie autumn said:
maybe PS3, i don't know why SE continues to release games on 360 if the 360 market is not the appropiate for their games

I'm sure the suits at SE would be happy to know they can save the tens or hundreds thousand dollars they spend each year reasearching market demographics. Maybe you should email mr. Wada?

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Munkeh111 said:
Riachu said:
Lurker said:

In the West? Yes because most Western gamers that are interested in SO4 will probably just get the 360 version. In Japan? No because with the Japanese box art not having the "only on xbox 360" label, Japanese gamers will probably hope for a PS3 port. I won't be suprised if the PS3 port is only released in Japan if it is actually made.

Well, that didn't stop Tales of Symphonia PS2 from being Japan-only.

Well SE are certainly taking the policy that the west does matter, which is why we are no longer waiting for a year after JP release for games, ToV is taking a long time to get to Europe, so I hoep SE perform better

gebx said:
Time exclusive and then PC release confirmed?

Just like Last Remnant!

square have confirmed ps3 version will hit sometime in 2009.

your talking bollocks as usual, you dont even have a ps3. if you had a ps3 and prefered on over the other then by all means spew out your usual dribble. the most sad person is someone who posts against a console that he doesnt even own.

and lmao at your game collection, its proof you are a liar, you dont even own them games you have listed on your profile.

hey btw, your imaginary ps3 list looks a darn sight better than your 360 list, which i also belive is your imagination............gobx

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

The question is if SE will bother porting it to the PS3. The developer Tri-Ace probably wont as they don't seem to be working on anything PS3?

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Coming to note it, Enchanted Arms even had the "Only on Xbox 360" Thing aswell, so its sort of true lol.

Although from what Tri has been saying on the matter...Who knows, there speaking in riddles which i despise...