By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

A AAA game is a game that is reviewed positively by most critics. Having 90% as a starting point (or GR and MC as the sources) are completely subjective.

Around the Network
numonex said:
There are so many games that are in the 85 to 90% range that deserve AAA ranking status here are a few examples - Fable 2, Dead Space, Fifa 2009, UnCharted and Ratchet and Clank all deserve 90% and above instead of their 88's and 89's respectively.
I class any video game AAA status if it scores 85% average scores and above.

From now on, I'll answer to all the "such game is AAA" by this: "A Buzzword is a trendy word or phrase that is used more to impress than explain.".

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

An AAA game is a game that you think is an AAA game. I for one think Dead Space, Professor Layton, and Boom Blox are AAA even though none of them have a 90+ average metacritic rating.

AAA is a term generally used to just be a game which has an average review of 90% (2sf) on gamerankings

However, many people use AAA for different things

SmokedHostage said:
A game that receives a general rating of 90 or higher by reviewers.

so graw 1 is > graw 2, simply because it rates higher, even though graw 2 is superior in every dept.?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

correct meaning of an AAA games is.....................

a solid ip released from a devloper, thats sells well and is enjoyed by gamers..........

^the 2 parts that i highlighed are more important than the un-highlighted

thats what imo is AAA

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I think we'd all consider Metroid Prime 3 a AAA game, no? It's at 89%. I don't think it can be entirely because of review score.

bugrimmar said:
AAA is the case when reviewers by and large, majority speaking, say that it is such.

in the end, if you want the answer to be easier, if most reviewers rate it 90 or above, its AAA.

and i know you're posting this because i pointed out that the wii has the fewest number of AAA games. look at any review site. you'll find the wii has the least number of 90+ games.

and there really is no question about the wii being 95% shovelware and having very very few AAA games (maybe 5).

::nod::  Shovelware plays this annoying game called, Follow the Leader.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)