By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do you believe Sony will do a pricecut in 2009?...

gebx said:
Since launch, taking the currency exchance into account, the PS3 has had a 40% price cut in the U.S.

If the U.S. and Euro keep dropping as they have for the past 3 months, Sony will not be able to provide a price cut other then for Japan.

You mean 20% cut....

500 - 20 gig

600 - 60 gig

now

400 - 40gig

500 - 160gig

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
better question to you kirby. Why do you care?

So when sony cuts price next year I expect a thread made day after day after day "why didn't you think sony would drop price"

Why do you care that he cares?

What's with this sudden increase in PS3 fanboys asking posters why they care?

Did you not know that this is a forum about console sales? Maybe you should go somewhere else...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Max King of the Wild said:
gebx said:
Since launch, taking the currency exchance into account, the PS3 has had a 40% price cut in the U.S.

If the U.S. and Euro keep dropping as they have for the past 3 months, Sony will not be able to provide a price cut other then for Japan.

You mean 20% cut....

500 - 20 gig

600 - 60 gig

now

400 - 40gig

500 - 160gig

Nope..

Nov 2006, Yen was at ¥118, today its at ¥89.. add that to your figures and....

Nov 2006 - Sony made ¥58,882 from every 20 gig PS3 sold ($499)
Dec 2008  - Sony makes ¥35,511 from every 80 gig PS3 sold ( $399)

That's 40% when taking exchange rates into account

I expect one in Q3 or 4.

Thing is, they need sales no matter what.

4 ≈ One

I don't 'believe' they'll have a price cut as such... but I think the PS3 could do with one and would imagine Sony will be seriously considering it.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
They have to do one.A 100 price cut would put them ahead by a good margin ,a 50 one would keep them competitive .

LMAO, back to reality please. Fact: the PS3 will never surpass the 360 for second place. However, without a price cut the PS3 will die much faster.

"If you don't like me, bite me!"

PS3 Price cuts are more likely to be used in Q3 or Q4 when most console sales are made. A $50 price cut on PS3 is the most likely scenario in 2009.

Wait....wasnt a price cut leaked?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

axumblade said:
colonelstubbs said:

Yes it was.

o really?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
axumblade said:
colonelstubbs said:

Yes it was.

o really?

This reminds me of the rumours from last Jan/Feb when everyone (including myself) believed that MS was going to give NA a price cut with the launch of GTAIV...