By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Sales Double PS3 Sales as Sony Remains Blind to Reality

Link

wow..I never thought this would happen if you asked me in march :p

Around the Network

Recent business decisions appear to have reduced any likelihood of reversing this trend.

It's game over then?

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

It´s not a case of being blind, it´s a case of having their hands tied...they´re in one hellish catch-22 situation.

I thought we were out of the woods on all the PS3 hate, but leave it up to toasty to be two days late into the fray.

Took a little while for this to process Toasty?

Reminds me of when the Gamecube was sellling worse than the PS2 and Xbox, and Nintendo gave a speach saying "Only Nintendo is providing growth to the industry" because it's sales increased with the price drop to $99. Oh well. What was Sony PR supposed to say? We know they were being outsold. Leave them with their pride.

Around the Network

look at the NPD NUMBERS in November 2007.

tell me what you see.

The biggest surprise this late quater is not the 360 beating the PS3 in NA, it always had done so, its the surge the 360 is having in others. I agree that this Gen has been a major letdown on Sony's part, they are living in lala land, but its far from dead.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

There is being oblivious to something that is happening and then there is not being able to do anything. They have engineers constantly working to make products more efficient and therefore cheaper to produce but things take time.

But sadly people will never realize install base =/= profit, very painful to see people either ignoring this to feel better or are simply stupid.

When people say "PS3 is dead", why does price always come up? I am unable to believe that the PS3 is compared to the Gamecube by some people, price points were very different so until the PS3 drops to $100 and sells Gamecube numbers I will continue to be dumbfounded.

but it is because Sony is in the reality that they dont drop the price !!!!

@psrock

SO TRUE

all is about Others Xbox360 sales that are amazing !

Time to Work !

Stop being idiots. the 360 is half the price it should sell more, they are both selling the same values worth. M$ will be losing a fair bit of money trying to get consoles into peoples houses but were are their exclusives for next year , that's right no where. M$ have no where to go whilst Sony still have the price cut up their sleeves. At the end of the day they have to make money and slashing the price which would cost them millions is not the way. They are successful for a reason and neither you or i are qualified to judge it. They have sold 18 mill in two years, that's 18 million. Just because M$ are cutting prices, they are doing so, not because they can afford it but because they know at sometime the Playstation brand will come through. If the PS3 and 360 ere identical prices M$ are full aware the the PS3 would sell better.

Microsfts deals are misleading to many buyers as these people are unaware of the extras they will require at a later date, they have whacked a £130 tag on, flogged it to death with some completely unaware of how stripped down the arcade is, i mean some buyers are not ware there are 3 SKU's. Any company who continues to ram the price down peoples thoughts is not confident of advertising the benefits over the competition.

Plus it's built like crap, i know i am on my second.