By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony will do very well in 2009. fact.

Groucho said:

IGN AU posted an article claiming that the PS3 "won" 2008, in terms of exclusives, from their perspective.  I think there are plenty of media sites (and reviews) who would probably agree.

I think you definition of "big" is, perhaps, a little different than most people's.  Lots of good games this year, for the PS3 and the X360.  Lots of good ones coming next year too.  I call that "big".  The OP is merely stating that there are lots of good reasons to own a PS3 right now, and in 2009.  I agree completely.

In that same article they also claimed that Mario Kart Wii was not a must have exclusive.  That is so far off the mark that their opinion is worthless.

Over 11 million and counting disagree with them.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Games like God of War and Uncharted do not sell hardware. Only Gran Turismo and maybe Killzone 2 have any chance of impacting the sales of the PS3 in any significant fashion. With that being said, the most important factor for the PS3 right now is its price. A drop of $100 would likely revitalize PS3 sales unless Microsoft counters with another price-cut of their own. The idea of a price-cut is growing increasingly unlikely though due to the strength of the Yen and the economic crisis.

*sighs*, no point in making this thread...

4 ≈ One

mai said:

Not again, please. First, 2007 year of PS3, then 2008 year of PS3, and 2009 year of PS3? Every next year is year of PS3? Don't you tired of making the same threads over and over again? That's kinda fanboyish, tired of fanboys.

who ever said 2007 was the year of the PS3?.

Why is it that the X360/Wii fanboys come to the Sony forum, and get so upset that the PS3 has some pretty good games coming out in 2009? Is Sony hurting your feelings, by not making some of these titles for your personal fav. console?

Upset that the PS3 had some good games this year, as well?  The X360 has some fine titles -- no one is denying that.  The Wii has some great 1st party stuff... again, no one in denial with regards to Ninty's awesomeness.  Its not okay that the PS3 is also a fine platform, with many excellent titles?

Around the Network
FPSrules said:
mai said:

Not again, please. First, 2007 year of PS3, then 2008 year of PS3, and 2009 year of PS3? Every next year is year of PS3? Don't you tired of making the same threads over and over again? That's kinda fanboyish, tired of fanboys.

who ever said 2007 was the year of the PS3?.

kwaad, hus, blue, washi, mikeb

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Groucho said:
Why is it that the X360/Wii fanboys are so upset that the PS3 has some pretty good games coming out in 2009? Is Sony hurting your feelings, by not making some of these titles for your personal fav. console?

Look here people! To your right we have a delusional fanboy who has nothing else to say, so he randomly strings together an insult that makes no sense in the argument! Watch the desperation emitted closely! Those things on his cheeks are tears, flowing ever profusely. Do not touch! Keep you're hands inside the vehicle at all times, you don't want to catch rabid, desperate fanboyism!

Edit: seems he editted his last post. Roffle!

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

It is very likely to happen.

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!

You mention the same handful of games a dozen times in that post. I got deja vu moving from one bullet point to the next.

Crystalchild said:

- Patented Motion Control: Sony is able to create new Kinds of Games with Wii-like Controls : and Microsoft cant copy it ;) (so there is a new Partythingy - Singstar, Eyetoy and Buzz are getting reinforcements :P)

The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

@Groucho: When people claimed that 2008 would be the year of the PS3, I don't think they were aiming for 1 editor from 1 magazine to opine that they had the best exclusives.  The expectation was for domination in both HW and SW sales, as well as to mop the floor with the competition in terms of quality games released.  None of the above ahve happened.