By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bring Donkey Kong back!!!!!!! NOW

I'm still sad that Nintendo sold Rare :(

Around the Network

I think Nintendo should definitely make a DKC4, Wii Ware and 2D preferably. Also, Donkey and Kiddy should be the only playables. You should have to rescue Dixie and Diddy cause they suck. It would span DKC Island and end up in space. King K. Rool should have a time machine.

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

If they made a 2D side scrolling platformer it would sell upon the millions. 5 Million+

It depends whether I do let him out or not... what are u willing to do for me?

i bought barrle balst just because it had dk and the kong family. the game itself i prob only played like 209 hours of it. Cant wit for the DK play on Wii!! when it coming out in Europe.

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

Around the Network
theRepublic said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

I'd rather have a 2D Metroid. The Donkey Kongs didn't really stand out as anything extra special. They were good, but I liked Mario better (and almost everyone did), and 2D platformers today are now so much better than the DKs, that I don't really see why another one would be anything super.

How do you call the best pure platformers on the SNES (after Mario) nothing special?  And what 2D platformer of today is so great?

Maybe because I don't think it is the 2nd best then in the 4th gen...?

I'm not sure the 2D platformers of today that I like are puro platformers (Only NSMB and YIDS that I can think of). 

I don't know, but 2D (sidescrolling) just seems so incredibly much better nowadays. I guess I'm just touched in the head.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:
theRepublic said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

I'd rather have a 2D Metroid. The Donkey Kongs didn't really stand out as anything extra special. They were good, but I liked Mario better (and almost everyone did), and 2D platformers today are now so much better than the DKs, that I don't really see why another one would be anything super.

How do you call the best pure platformers on the SNES (after Mario) nothing special?  And what 2D platformer of today is so great?

Maybe because I don't think it is the 2nd best then in the 4th gen...?

I'm not sure the 2D platformers of today that I like are puro platformers (Only NSMB and YIDS that I can think of). 

I don't know, but 2D (sidescrolling) just seems so incredibly much better nowadays. I guess I'm just touched in the head.

I was never a fan of Sonic if that's what you're talking about.

I haven't played any great 2D platformers lately, but then again, I don't keep up with the handhelds either.  I've heard that NSMB is very good (it's Mario so of course it is good), but I don't recognize "YIDS".  Any other recomendations?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

First of all, Nintendo owns the rights of the franchise, so there's no problem with Rare or Microsoft, people who bring such things up should check better first before they are talking nonsense.

Second, the DK country series was absolutely great for it's time and it even is today, so people who don't like it should leave it to those who love playing it.

And last but not least, I don't want it to be WiiWare, but full retail. A handheld game would also be fine though. Why not creating NEW Donkey Kong Country? I'd would probably be great if it is made by the team that created NSMB or the one that was responsible for SMG and it would definitely sell like hot cakes, just check how the SNES games sold.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

@nintendo_fanboy

I only meant that about Goldeneye, I edited it so it reads correctly now.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

woopah said:
PSwii60 said:

I agree. Without RARE, Donkey Kong franchise has never been the same.
Miyamoto may have created Donkey Kong but RARE made him who he is.

Though I trust Miyamoto could do work some magic and bring the franchise back; at the moment he's busy creating casual games

Until then, it's wishful thinking.

@oyv
Now, 2D Metroid.. That'd be f*N sick! as a WiiWare game.

2 points about your post

1. is miyamoto busy creating casual games? he was working on wii music but obviously that is now done. possibly he is only cotemplating whats his next casual game whilst now giving more attention to pikmim, mario and zelda

2. nintendo cant make everything. as well as a 2D mertroid and DK people also want star fox, f-zero, zelda, mario, pilotwings, pikmin 3, earthbound, fatal frame, golden sun, another 2D mario and new IPs. i bet if a 3D DK was made people would be estatic. then 6 months later theyd be asking for a 'proper' DK in 2D

well, it seemz to me miyamoto and nintendo are more focused on casual games than the more familiar core ip's. that's y i made that comment... i'm sure they hav their reasons as to why they havnt announced any 1st party games, as well.. (i heard sumtin' like holding back so 3rd party can shine on wii..??)

and nintendo is a great developer. thats why people expect great things from them. demand from nintendo will never fade off. i guess no argument there..

even i am hoping something nintendo would do: a great lengthy epic RPG - a new IP

*fingers cross*

[i do not count M&L. it's great, somewhat lengthy but not epic and it's too easy. plus they're not developed by nintedo.
i do not count paper mario either... it's a great game though]