By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bring Donkey Kong back!!!!!!! NOW

Oyvoyvoyv said:

I'd rather have a 2D Metroid. The Donkey Kongs didn't really stand out as anything extra special. They were good, but I liked Mario better (and almost everyone did), and 2D platformers today are now so much better than the DKs, that I don't really see why another one would be anything super.

They were special if you were born in 1972, liked the Delaurentis version of King Kong that was released in 1976 and that they were showing every year on NBC back in the late seventies and early eighties, had only really seen Pac-Man and Space Invaders in arcades, and then you walked in to an arcade one day and saw a game that featured an ape like Kong scaling a building.  Although, yes, the future Marios and Metroid were better games.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

Around the Network
Zombl337 said:
Nintendo & RARE have a joint ownership with the franchise, which is why Donkey Kong along with Goldeneye 007 will never see the light of day on Xbox 360, Nintendo is a bunch of little bitchasses.

Nintendo & RARE have a joint ownership with the franchise, which is why Goldeneye 007 will never see the light of day on the Virtual Console, RARE is a bunch of little bitchasses.

Signature goes here!

Nintendo has the rights for Donkey Kong NOT RARE! wth?!

BTFeather55 said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

I'd rather have a 2D Metroid. The Donkey Kongs didn't really stand out as anything extra special. They were good, but I liked Mario better (and almost everyone did), and 2D platformers today are now so much better than the DKs, that I don't really see why another one would be anything super.

They were special if you were born in 1972, liked the Delaurentis version of King Kong that was released in 1976 and that they were showing every year on NBC back in the late seventies and early eighties, had only really seen Pac-Man and Space Invaders in arcades, and then you walked in to an arcade one day and saw a game that featured an ape like Kong scaling a building.  Although, yes, the future Marios and Metroid were better games.

No,no, you misunderstood me (my mistake).

The original Donkey Kong was fantastic.

The Donkey Kong Country series, were nothing special.

That's what I meant.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I agree. Without RARE, Donkey Kong franchise has never been the same.
Miyamoto may have created Donkey Kong but RARE made him who he is.

Though I trust Miyamoto could do work some magic and bring the franchise back; at the moment he's busy creating casual games

Until then, it's wishful thinking.

@oyv
Now, 2D Metroid.. That'd be f*N sick! as a WiiWare game.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Zombl337 said:
Nintendo & RARE have a joint ownership with the franchise, which is why Donkey Kong along with Goldeneye 007 will never see the light of day on Xbox 360, Nintendo is a bunch of little bitchasses.

Nintendo & RARE have a joint ownership with the franchise, which is why Goldeneye 007 will never see the light of day on the Virtual Console, RARE is a bunch of little bitchasses.

Nintendo & RARE have a joint ownership with the franchise, which is why Goldeneye 007 will never see the light of day on the Virtual Console, Microsoft is a bunch of little bitchasses (for buying RARE).

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Honestly, i never really liked the Donkey Kong Country games, and DK64 was the worst of the lot (fetch quest madness, the same problem that plagued the Banjo Kazooie titles)

Jungle Beat was a step in the right direction, just expand upon it. High quality 2.5D platformer.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

PSwii60 said:

I agree. Without RARE, Donkey Kong franchise has never been the same.
Miyamoto may have created Donkey Kong but RARE made him who he is.

Though I trust Miyamoto could do work some magic and bring the franchise back; at the moment he's busy creating casual games

Until then, it's wishful thinking.

@oyv
Now, 2D Metroid.. That'd be f*N sick! as a WiiWare game.

2 points about your post

1. is miyamoto busy creating casual games? he was working on wii music but obviously that is now done. possibly he is only cotemplating whats his next casual game whilst now giving more attention to pikmim, mario and zelda

2. nintendo cant make everything. as well as a 2D mertroid and DK people also want star fox, f-zero, zelda, mario, pilotwings, pikmin 3, earthbound, fatal frame, golden sun, another 2D mario and new IPs. i bet if a 3D DK was made people would be estatic. then 6 months later theyd be asking for a 'proper' DK in 2D

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Oyvoyvoyv said:

How do you call the best pure platformers on the SNES (after Mario) nothing special?  And what 2D platformer of today is so great?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Mr Khan said:

Honestly, i never really liked the Donkey Kong Country games, and DK64 was the worst of the lot (fetch quest madness, the same problem that plagued the Banjo Kazooie titles)

Jungle Beat was a step in the right direction, just expand upon it. High quality 2.5D platformer.

i agree with everything you said