By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What is it with 360 fanboys?

MikeB said:
misterd said:
MikeB said:

LOL in my experience the exact opposite, not a day goes by when I don't read heated comments from 360 fans claiming the PS3, Cell or Blu-Ray is either doomed or useless.

And its from nearly all the vocal 360 fanboys!

Ah, but that's being delusional about another's console, not delusional about their own, which futher supports my point that 360 fans do not suffer the same delusions as PS3 fans.

I still remember the early days when many 360 fans claimed the 360 was selling amazingly well, now however most seem to claim the 360 wasn't even able to build an install base headstart of over 5.2 million for a 1 year headstart in Japan and North America, 1 year and 5 months headstart for PAL regions and even more for other regions.

I still regularly read comments with vivid believes the PS3 install base will never pass the 360's. We will see about that.

Mike because you've made it your personal agenda to market the PS3 and choose to continually present the facts in a selective perspective that shows the PS3 in a good light.  I double dare you to say something good about the 360.

Around the Network

Until the 360 fanboys, I never had anyone come out of the internet and into real life to bombard my console of choice with FUD. You know - games will be $90+, PS3s are catching fire in the first 30 minutes of being turned on, Blu-rays movies will be $60+, Dual-Layered BD discs cannot be economically produced, Digital Downloads will take over with BD sales tanking in 4th quarter (opposite is proving to be true now). The media was promoting all of these ideas too. With all the PS3 doomed stuff on the media recently, it will most likely be wrong as well.

Last generation, I had a GameCube and a PS2, and the fanboy wars stayed on the internet where they should be. Until the jRPG line-up came around (which one game has been really good so far), I avoided MS as much as I could. From my personal experience (key word), I have had mostly bad experiences with MS and mostly good experiences with Sony and Nintendo.

360 fanboys don't worship MS as much (Nintendo fanboys probably do the most company worship because of the established history). But, WOW, Gears and Halo are worshiped like they are the second coming or the best thing since sliced bread. Apparently, these are the only two games that matter, and the rest is details. Frankly, I like Little Big Planet, Valkyria Chronicles, MGS4, and Uncharted much better than Gears and Halo. Now Fable and Tales of Vesperia are good, and probably SO4 will be as well.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Fanboys are fanboys, they pretty much all suck. But I guess that since the Playstation brand has been so dominant in the past, a lot of the diehards can't come to grips with the fact that Nintendo has simply thrashed Sony this generation. You know, the way Sony used to thrash Nintendo. Microsoft, on the other hand, had no such luck with the Xbox. So the expectations just aren't there. Having said that...

I'm utterly convinced that the Wii will finally start seeing negative sales in 2009, leaving the door wide open for the 360 to skyrocket to first place. The natural gamer demand is for the MICROSOFT 360 Computer Entertainment System. Jump in!

@OP

It is seriously making me consider selling my 360 and giving all my support to SONY and Nintendo. The PS3 has more then enough for me right now anyway, that I cannot keep up.

Also, M$ is trying to force SONY out. What makes me laugh tho, is that 360 fans are happy with this. The day M$ takes over gaming is when I will quit!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

badgenome said:

The natural gamer demand is for

Never gets old.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
HanzoTheRazor said:
@OP

It is seriously making me consider selling my 360 and giving all my support to SONY and Nintendo. The PS3 has more then enough for me right now anyway, that I cannot keep up.

Also, M$ is trying to force SONY out. What makes me laugh tho, is that 360 fans are happy with this. The day M$ takes over gaming is when I will quit!

Yay!! A  real man speaks out.

Tease.

HanzoTheRazor said:
@OP

I LOVE when people say MS is trying to force out sony. Anyone remember the Dreamcast?

CaptDS9E said:

HanzoTheRazor said:
@OP

I LOVE when people say MS is trying to force out sony. Anyone remember the Dreamcast?

It is in their best interests to do so if they can. A two horse race is more profitable than a three horse race!

Tease.

Damn you've got a nice way of coming back to VGC. You sir have created one of/if not, the best flame thread ever. Happy holidays....

Ah, I see, it's a "PS3 fanboys are the worst" thread again (in a new package) , well whatever makes you happy guys *yawn*.