By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft knew Xbox 360 could damage discs all along?

Don't underestimate Garnett, he's full of good ideas.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network

I would like my X360 a lot more if I thought of it as a decent piece of hardware. If every game was available for both X360 and the PS3... I would definately pay a premium for the latter, and would have never purchased the former.

I am really hoping my new Jasper won't scratch any games. My old Xenon never did, but have a few pals who insist their 360 scratched my games, and not them. (they don't get to borrow games any more) =\

d21lewis said:
Garnett said:
d21lewis said:
My copy of Tomb Raider Underworld got scratched to shit two weeks ago (before my disc drive died). I'm going to rent a copy from a local mom and pop store, and pull the old switcheroo, though. No need for Microsoft to have to suffer. They brought me hours and hours of joy.

Or you could just rent the game install it and pop your damaged one and boom new game :)

Very impressive! I didn't think of that. You may have saved my soul just a little bit!

Or you could always borrow the game from a friend and install it on yours and then put your broken disc in and play that works as well :p

Yup. As for me I play COD series b/c Halo 3 is capput.

d21lewis said:
My copy of Tomb Raider Underworld got scratched to shit two weeks ago (before my disc drive died). I'm going to rent a copy from a local mom and pop store, and pull the old switcheroo, though. No need for Microsoft to have to suffer. They brought me hours and hours of joy.

Well, if you do end up pulling the ol' switchero - at least rent from blockbuster or some other big conglomerate company that's into rentals - screwing over mom and pop shops during this recession is a bad thing to do. =(

Around the Network

wasn't there a suit, if M$ knew about this they have to give up the profits they made, or was it something else?

This just reminds me about this thread.

Why microsoft is such a great company...as supposed to Sony

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=43619&page=1

d21lewis said:

I hope you weren't wearing your police badge when you typed that. ;)

I know nothing about law, but where's the incentive for someone to file such a lawsuit? Do they actually stand to receive personal monetary gains on BEHALF of everyone afflicted? I hope everyone gets a cut...

This is lame they offered the guy a new disc didn't they? Why should you stand to receive any more than what you paid for? Let me guess this falls under emotional stress and a slight inconvenience...

^^^ There is plenty of incentive for a law firm to find anyone who might meet the definition required by a jurisdiction to spearhead a class-action suit. The incentive for the firm is between 25 and 40% of the millions of $ verdict or settlement. Once they find the person, they either appeal to their desire to be altruistic (you don't want this happening to other people, do you?) or their desire to be a little famous (we'll get your name in the paper. You'll be on Larry King.) ;)