PS2: 260k

Differences to this year:

DS: +22%
Wii: +86%
360: +93%
PS3: -27%
PSP: -7%
PS2: -44%

Pretty much mirrors the american trends, besides the 360 which has seen very small growth in the states.

PS3 holiday sales are down YoY... this is what I was trying to say in my thread, but no one understood.

Do you mean PS3 have sold less units 2008 then 2007 or do you just mean christmas period?

Oh. Its my own fault then. I meant in the Xmas period, but I typed YoY. I meant Year over year, the holiday sales are down.

I saw your thread but I did not read it. We will see the following weeks how much worse PS3 will do.

Around the Network
EssosDeeos said:
I understand that but will the stockpiles be enough, that's my question? I don't think there will be Wii or DS to be found from this weekend. Nearly every special DS colour is sold out in the UK.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Frankly I contributed to that problem in the UK, buying a Wii off amazon which was much cheaper than buying locally due to exchange rates (the British pound is really weak these days).

However I just checked amazon and the Wii/DS seem to be in stock right now. I can imagine it would be worse in physical stores though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

All the Sony products are the bottom 3 for every country. That must hurt Sony knowing last gen it was a very dominant Sony teritory especially here in the UK. Sales here just broke 3m number for 360's think that is pretty amazing really considering the PS2 sold like 8m here in 8 years.

NJ5 said:
@Skeeuk: Well I already replied to that same point twice, so look up there ^.

lol sorry its late in the day over here, i forgot.

but on topic, if it wasnt for consumer-spending troubles ie economy, ps3 would have sold more..........i feel without economy in topic, 360 would have sold more anyways due to price on its own. but thats just the way it goes sometimes.

either way imo, ps3 sales are admirable it could have been much worse for sony

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Holiday is down YoY, but Actual yearly sales are up Year over Year.

So...

Around the Network

So...

Sony had a good year, but horrible Christmas :-p

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

PS3 sales are not good. It doesn't matter how you look at it. It's down YOY. Worse though is that it currently has the smallest percentage of the market (of the three main consoles) and yet it is losing market share faster than the 360. It only got 17.2% of Others this month. Sony need to address this before it's too late.

mrstickball said:
So...

Sony had a good year, but horrible Christmas :-p

well its not really a horrible xmas at all, just some price factors went against it, could have been worse but is still shifting consoles at the current price, i cant wait to see how 2009 pricing goes.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Xbox 360 doomed.

Tease.

@NJ = no worries. Just checked Amazon myself and see that there a lots being sold by 3rd party sellers but, exchange rate or not, they are charging a fortune e.g. DS + Brain Training £140!!! That's ebay behaviour!