By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Other sales are up

Nintendo is beyond any comparisson, they are on their own.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
DS has outsold the psp by 50 million now

wow, thats awesome

EssosDeeos said:

All numbers are impressive given the current economic state. Will the wiis run out before Christmas, and the DS'es for that matter. I don't see shipped figures and I presume the units will be airfreighted but the numbers being sold seem to out-strip production, especially the 2.4m wiis per month

Holiday sales always outstrip production. During the non-holiday months sales are only around 75% of production, the remaining 25% is stockpiled for the holidays.

Don't worry, there will be Wiis every week ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Tremble said:
BTW, the PS3 cross the 18M!

And 360 crossed 25M!

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

NJ5 said:
luisgvm said:
all consoles are doing great and thats good for us gamers.

No they are not. This is the second holiday season for the PS3 in Europe and it's down from last year. No matter how optimistic one is, that can't be seen as great.

well if i am correct there was a price cut last holiday for the ps3 right? so there was like a hype for the ps3 last holiday and although this holiday is still at the same price there is no hype for the ps3 and with the big resurgence of the 360 and the wii being so successful the ps3 is overshadowed. at least for a 400$ console is selling good.

Around the Network

I understand that but will the stockpiles be enough, that's my question? I don't think there will be Wii or DS to be found from this weekend. Nearly every special DS colour is sold out in the UK.

luisgvm said:
NJ5 said:
luisgvm said:

No they are not. This is the second holiday season for the PS3 in Europe and it's down from last year. No matter how optimistic one is, that can't be seen as great.

well if i am correct there was a price cut last holiday for the ps3 right? so there was like a hype for the ps3 last holiday and although this holiday is still at the same price there is no hype for the ps3 and with the big resurgence of the 360 and the wii being so successful the ps3 is overshadowed. at least for a 400$ console is selling good.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean it's doing great.

NJ5 said:
luisgvm said:

last holiday saw a major price cut for ps3, combined with price situation this fall, its no suprise ps3 is lower than it could have been. i would say ps3 sales are admirable considering its price and consumer spending-holdbacks. if wii or 360 were that price i doubt they would even reach half of that.

360 sales are very good its up from last year due to its price, its the cheapest out there, and wii well nothing can touch the wii at the moment.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Hawkeye said:

PS3 holiday sales are down YoY... this is what I was trying to say in my thread, but no one understood.

It's been over a year since the last pricecut, eventually sales stagnate. Happened to the 360 as well, by the end of the 20-something month period that went from launch until their first pricecut they were down YoY too.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

@Skeeuk: Well I already replied to that same point twice, so look up there ^.