By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear 2

Why?? Whats the point?

Around the Network

No soriku has a great point. Hardly anyone got to experience MG and MG2's delights( btw mgs 1 is basically mg2 in 3-d, the similarities are uncanny).

I agree soriku, I have always thought of seeing MG1 and MG2: solid snake(not snakes revenge, that werent made by kojima) revived for the wii. It would show strong support for the Wii and would sell well.

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Who would actually want to play Metal Gear games?? They are so old...and Konami wouldn't bother going back that far reviving those games....The Metal Gear Solid brand is better.....and regular Metal Gear was just showing the start of snake...as Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops....but all the Metal Gear games in those...so there is little need for those games to come back...and besides their packed in Metal Gear Solid 3: Substience...the recently better verison of Snake Eater with added on Online play....

Btw soriku MG, is related to MGS, the story is canonical and continues...

In chronological order....

MGS 3>MG:Portable Ops>MG 1> MG 2> MGS>MGS 2> MGS 4

I ignore the metal gear acid games and metal gear solid 1 on gameboy colour(even though it was a flaming brilliant game)

DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

PS3:

Also the MG games were on the MSX as well as the NES, and were seen as being slightly superior on the MSX, but the NES ones were more commercially successful.

PS3:

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Takashii360 said:
Who would actually want to play Metal Gear games?? They are so old...and Konami wouldn't bother going back that far reviving those games....The Metal Gear Solid brand is better.....and regular Metal Gear was just showing the start of snake...as Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, and Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops....but all the Metal Gear games in those...so there is little need for those games to come back...and besides their packed in Metal Gear Solid 3: Substience...the recently better verison of Snake Eater with added on Online play....

FF's old, Mario's old, Zelda's old, whats the deal?

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

The North American cover of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

Subsistence was released in Japan on December 22, 2005, later in North America on March 14, 2006,[7] in Europe on October 6, 2006 and in Australia on October 13, 2006.[55] Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence continues the Metal Gear Solid series tradition of follow-up enhanced, international version releases. While previous releases, such as Metal Gear Solid: Integral and Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance included skill challenge missions and/or side story missions, Subsistence eschews the extra single-player missions to include updated versions of the series' first two games, Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake[56] (based on their MSX 2 releases[42]), a brand-new competitive online mode, and a significantly changed camera in the main portion of the game.[57]

Subsistence's online mode. Here, the GRU team faces off against the KGB team.

Subsistence's online multiplayer component, titled Metal Gear Online, is comprised of five tournament-style game modes, each with a capacity of up to eight players.[58] This mode pits players, each playing as a generic soldier against each other in deathmatch battles and variations of capture the flag, using stages, items, maneuvers, and units (such as the KGB, GRU or Ocelot Unit) from the main game.[56] Depending on server settings, each round the highest-scoring player in each unit automatically assumes the role of one of the main characters (or Reiko Hinomoto from Rumble Roses), along with unique abilities and/or items. For example, the highest scoring player on the GRU team would assume the role of Major Raikov, leader of the GRU, next round.[59] Konami's Metal Gear Online service for the PlayStation 2 closed in Japan on December 26, 2006[60] and in North America on April 2, 2007.[61]

^ There if you really wanted to play those games pick up Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence its $25.99 at a game store near you....

Cummon Takashi, the original metal gear games are fantastic( I got up to the part where I saved Grey Fox(aka ninja in mgs1) in Metal Gear 1). Lots of people would play them, doesnt matter if their old. Look at FF1 thats been remade 7 times.

Soriku, the MG games are related to the MGS's, so you should change that in your former post.

PS3:

Virtual Console

There already is a metal gear 2 and they are all related. They are not spin offs. The story time line is in this order. MGS 3: Snake Eater (ps2) MGS: Portable Ops (psp) Metal Gear (nes) Metal Gear 2 (nes) MGS (ps1) MGS2 (ps2) MGS4 (ps4)