By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Can someone help me remove this trojan virus form my PC?!?!? Please! :(

Soriku said:
Hmm...sounds too risky for me. =/ I'll just hold off for as long as I can... :(

The restore? It isn't risky at all.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Soriku said:
lol but I don't want to mess something up or anything. Like I said, I'll just wait for my uncle. Still, everything save a few programs that aren't necessary are working fine (but of course AVG, etc. aren't working...but...) and as long as I have it for work, Internet, etc. I'm good...

If you want to wait, that is perfectly fine, but to be honest I am like 99.9999999% positive that it is impossible to mess up on a factory restore. It is a simple click of the "ok" button.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Soriku said:

@Mise

I have tapi32.dll in both folders already...

If I reinstall windows on top of this one will it save all my data or no? Also, nobody told me how to recover data...

If you do a straight reinstall instead of a destructive restore, your stuff will still there, and you might retain the malware thingy. If you do a destructive restore, you'll get rid of the bug almost guaranteed, but you'll lose your stuff along with it. That's why you'll want to back up all the stuff you can't easily get back before you start nuking your Windows,

Oh yeah, for the record - always have a up-to-date antivirus program, a real firewall instead of that flimsy crap that comes along with Windows, and at least two different programs for spy/malware detection and removal.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

PSwii60 said:
i hav a 2nd computer that has Ubuntu and XP. use it mainly to download ..things, etc

i pretty much reboot xp lotz; sumtymez just 'cuz =)

yea.. sorry dude.
i'm not much help. u prollie already know all i've sed or at least experiencing it right now...

it is a hassle removing trojan 'cuz they can mask themselves. i wuz pretty fighting a virus for a period of six months and i did a pretty good job keeping at bay. but i couldn't live knowing that i can only keep it at bay... and knowing that it is not removed...

ahh.. i hate them viruses.. u knoe what's funny though is that most of these viruses are from europe and sometimes asia.. (IMO; From my experiences)
damn it! no offense, y'all..

oh, also, dude... vundo i think is mostly triggered just by using an internet browser.. hahah.

gud luck, mayne. hopefully u'r uncle can give u assistance better than we could (or i could anywayz.. hahah)

Soriku said:
I'm actually not too sure how to set up my PC. Or is it just destroy, OK, then it'll boot up normally?

Still, I'll just wait.

It doesn't actually "Destroy" your PC. It just deletes everything you added after you bought it.

The setup is just the usual setup your internet connection, give your PC a name, etc... all extremely easy and very basic.

The recovery takes like 30 mins, the setup takes like 30 seconds.

Currently playing:

Around the Network

Give the brand of your PC/Laptop and I can give you "Destructive restore for dummies" tutorial.

Currently playing:

I should have just answered your question easy. It is Destroy, ok, then boots up as normal. Pretty much the same as any other restore you have done, only it goes to day 1.

Currently playing:

Run:

services.msc

this little thing brings u to administrator tools where the drivers run, i.e., Automatic Updates, Background Intelligent (for Security Center's auto updates);

msconfig

takes u to where the drivers are ran automatically when ur PC starts up; u can shut off if u don't want it to run.

regedit

is registry editor

[dxdiag = displays specs of ur PC; just fyi]

hope that helps at least.

Glad to hear you got it taken care of.

Currently playing:

Run a full scan using superantispyware! That will make sure you got everything. http://www.superantispyware.com