By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Future Wii Sales

Avinash_Tyagi said:

Of course it wrecks the whole thing, duh, that's what i've been trying to tell you, your estimations of Wii sales is waay too low, the Wii appeals to a much larger group, so you will see multiple people in the same family owning Wii's where they wouldn't have owned PS2's

In my defence though, I have to say that you didn't say that.

Your comment was barely listing a few odd things, and didn't really explain anything.

And I still don't my estimations on Wii still are way too low.

There's no way more than 1/3 will be repurchases (unless they do with Wii as with DS, and make different SKUs, but this is very unlikely). That still leads to 185 - 210M, which is closer to my prediction than yours, mine is still worthless now though. Frankly, I don't believe the Wii will make anywhere close to 200M, but rather stick in the 140-170M (for other reasons than I have posted here).

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Selling faster than PS2, and DS, Still hard to find in stores, no price drops and none planned, and no alternate colors released yet, and its in its third year.

Don't forget it's not actually had a worldwide launch yet

There's really little doubt that Wii will outsell the PS2.

It's tracking above the PS2 (launches aligned)
Still sold out in places after more than 2 years (!)
Broke record for best US November ever
Is on track to break record of best US December ever
Shipment target April 1st 2009: 52 million
Monthly shipments now: 2.4 million
Still at launchprice
Single SKU since launch
Only now are we beginning to see a shift from 3rd party devs towards Wii

I don't think the Wii will be able to make serious inroads into the sports fan (madden/fifa) or shooter fan demographic (halo/gears), both of which the PS2 did extremely well at. That demographic is going PS3/360 this generation.
Thus, I don't think the Wii will reach PS2 heights.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Tyrannical said:
I don't think the Wii will be able to make serious inroads into the sports fan (madden/fifa) or shooter fan demographic (halo/gears), both of which the PS2 did extremely well at. That demographic is going PS3/360 this generation.
Thus, I don't think the Wii will reach PS2 heights.

But then again maybe the demographics you´re talking about may be smaller than the new previously untapped demographic that Wii is capturing? I´m not sure myself, only time will tell, but for now I must say that things are indeed looking mighty good for Wii.