By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 - 120GB HDD for just $40!!

@CDiablo

nope I never knew that? I always thought Microsoft leaves some security stuff on the HDD that prevents you from doing that.

Around the Network
xlost7 said:
@CDiablo

nope I never knew that? I always thought Microsoft leaves some security stuff on the HDD that prevents you from doing that.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/150970/upgrade_your_xbox_360s_hard_drive_on_the_cheap.html

The hddhackr program is a wip that will eventually use larger and larger HDD's

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Or just trade a 30gb iPod video you got broken for $30 - fix it and trade it for one

Actually, you have to use a 120GB 2.5" hard drive. Or not be connected online. I'm pretty sure I've seen stories of people trying to use larger hard drives and were banned or could not use the hard drive. I'm not sure, though.

Oh, and a 120GB notebook drive would have cost me more than $40 so I guess I got the best deal I could have hoped for without the extra work.