By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Customer Service

A few days ago I had some friends over and we were drinking a little.  We were getting pumped to do some Wii Sports bowling when I loaded it up.  My Wii recognized the disc and I hit play.  It looked like it was about to load and then it went back to the main channel screen.  I tried a few times and nothing happened.  I took the disc out and tried to clean it with no luck.  Apparently, it was too scratched to play since all my other games played fine.  I gave up that night but then a day or two later I had another friend over and I tried again.  It actually loaded the game once but then wouldn't after I exited out and tried again it didn't work.  I was so angry and caught up in the mood that I broke the disc in half.  That was my first mistake but then I sent a message to Nintendo about the whole situation.  I put blame on their cardboard case that they provided saying that if I had a better case then the game wouldn't have scratched so much that it would be unplayable within a year.  They sent me a letter back saying I needed to call customer service and talk to them more about the problem.  Called them up and the represenative wasn't too helpfull and she said if it was within a year they could have replaced it for free if I didn't break it in half.  So basically she just said I could buy a new copy for $21.  I got off the phone and sent a reply message to Nintendo. 

Long story short - Nintendo called me back 10 mins or so after the last email and the guy offered to send me a free copy which will arrive in 3-4 days. 

Lesson learned - call up customer service/send email before overreacting!

Around the Network

Nintendo has amazing customer service.

this reminds me of the time when my wiimote had this strange motionless thing and downward hand problem, so i called nintendo and the nintendo guy told me to put my wiimote with the buttons face down and hit it on my palm 3 times but not so hard, and it fixed the whole damn problem

@emilie, sounds like a strange solution to fix the problem.

I also learned to put the new Wii Sports game in a better case once I get it. That way I shouldn't have this problem again.

Ahh, i resolved the tricky issue of where to put Wii Sports with Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Not because it's a bad movie, but it's too long for me to ever actually sit down and watch

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I am very pleased with Nintendo's service compared with other companies.
(>'.')>

I find Nintendo's customer service to be way above average at the very least.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions