By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Oblivion worth playing?

Definetely, it's an awesome game!
Haven't played Fallout 3 yet though, so I can't say if it's better or not...
I'm planning on buying Fallout 3. So if i really liked Oblivion Fallout should appeal to me, right?

Around the Network

I think you should rent it. I'll be honest, Oblivion bored me to death. I really wanted to like the game but it just wasn't enjoyable for me.

bugrimmar said:
oh we've already played fallout 3 to death. my question is if oblivion is as good as fallout 3.

oblivion is as good as fallout if not better.

its one of the true nex-gen gems thats a worthy keep in your collection on 360 or ps3.

i have the goty edition on ps3 and i swaer its pointless trading it in, its a superb game that will last you a long time.

you will find it cheap now, and i recomend it.......you wont be dissapointed. imo oblivion is a better game than fallout 3

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
bugrimmar said:
oh we've already played fallout 3 to death. my question is if oblivion is as good as fallout 3.

oblivion is as good as fallout if not better.

its one of the true nex-gen gems thats a worthy keep in your collection on 360 or ps3.

i have the goty edition on ps3 and i swaer its pointless trading it in, its a superb game that will last you a long time.

you will find it cheap now, and i recomend it.......you wont be dissapointed. imo oblivion is a better game than fallout 3

I'd have to agree with you there Skeeuk, but mainly because im more bias towards a more "Fantasy" Styled RPG then a Modern one.

Oblivion is alot bigger though... there's quite a bit more to do as well, but it's main story isn't as focused as Fallout 3's.... In Oblivion you've got more choice of the kind of person you want to be as well... feel like you want to commit racial genocide? You can do it

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
I think you should rent it. I'll be honest, Oblivion bored me to death. I really wanted to like the game but it just wasn't enjoyable for me.

God I'd hate to see you play Daggerfall then... haha

Oblivion is better than Fallout 3 for me,,
The medievel settings is just awesome,,,

im 120 hours into the game , and i havent even started the story of the game, im just doing quests and venturing,,

a must own,, buy it

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Bethesda knows its stuff... Is one hell of a RPG

Cueil said:
Darc Requiem said:

God I'd hate to see you play Daggerfall then... haha

I actually like Morrowind, but for what ever reason, Oblivion seemed to lack "soul." Not even avenging Patrick Stewart provided enough motivation for me to continue playing the game.

Its kinda hard to get into, but definetly is worth playing.