By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

LOL Garett I'm sorry, but I agree with the masses :P Uncharted looked like... almost infinitely better than Turok xD You can find a handful of threads around here that show off how awesome Uncharted looks. You won't need to look very hard. Just google the two xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

Well, I dont want to get into this, Turok was garbage and its graphics only had moments of clarity while Uncharted was solid all the way through. Also its great to hear you say Uncharted is only average and can only name two games that are better, both based on the same engine, one specifically made to push its console to the limits graphically.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

|_emmiwinks said:

Well, I dont want to get into this, Turok was garbage and its graphics only had moments of clarity while Uncharted was solid all the way through. Also its great to hear you say Uncharted is only average and can only name two games that are better, both based on the same engine, one specifically made to push its console to the limits graphically.

Ok turok was nice graphically...

Now on the first pic...

The rocks/Trees both have HORRIBLE textures,that one branch looks like a PS2 branch!

Second one

The ground looks plastic again...the grass looks like a crayon colored it in,it looks horrible,even my friend a major PS3 fanboy thinks the game looks meh,infact hes the one that got me into liking Home!

Only a super PS Fanboy who is ingorant claims that the game is best looking,and every PS games is better looking/can only be done on PS3.

See what I did here??? Its all to do with the lighting.

Those 'plastic' leaves are exposed to the midday sun, and if you have a look at the first 'hectic' screen, you'll see a shot of the panama jungle with light exposure. Wow!! the panama jungle is made of plastic!!!

Ground texture in the uncharted pic isn't the greatest but its still better than bloody Turok. Please don't cherry pick.

I have never ever been of the boat who claims that 'PS games is better looking/can only be done on PS3' But I think its also fair to give credit where it's due. Uncharted rank amongst the best graphic of this gen, right along games like Gears and MGS.

hahaha, I liked that trailer. Even without the lack of gameplay, the dude is funny (especially considering the situation he's in ^^)

Shoot, this means I'll have to buy uncharted 1 someday before this one comes out >_>

Around the Network

^^^buy it now

don't miss on one of the best PS3 games.

pretty good ,huh?

Garnett said:
blazinhead89 said:
Garnett said:
blazinhead89 said:
@Garnett. Name a Console game that's out now that looks better than Uncharted? MGS4 i'll give you that (Even that's debatable)

1.Gears 2

2.Turok (even tho its garbage game its graphics are way superior)

Gears 2 is debatable , but Turok WTF Seriuosly you must be joking, 1 Game you named. Yeah Uncharted must've had "average" graphics, if you can only think of Gears2 >_>

Compare that to

The trees look plastic,there texture is horrible,his texture is nice and so is the shadowing.

1 turok did not look like that ingame

2 uncharted did not look like that ingame

Uncharted looking better and turok looking far worse.

Now you have the right to an opinion but saying the graphics are average as if it's a fact is simply wrooong ! it has some of the best graphics (all coming together.) this gen and that is a fact.

Check out my game about moles ^

The rocks/Trees both have HORRIBLE textures,that one branch looks like a PS2 branch!

What the hell is a PS2 branch. You seriously compared Uncharted to Turok? That must have been one hell of a search to find a Turok picture that compared well to an Uncharted picture lol.

The whole Turok looks better than Uncharted is hilarious!

Sorry, but Turok did not look better nor did it play remotely better (more to the point).

On HD consoles Uncharted is comfortably 'up there' with the accepted graphics powerhouses as pretty much every review, etc. from credible sources would back up.

If Uncharted had a problem it was that the enemies were too generic, the plot got a little confused and it was a little short. Also I'd love to see MP in it.

But it was a very good title and with some effort ND should be able to push it up much higher as the basic premise is rock solid.

Opinions are one thing, trying to defend something indefensible is something else.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...