By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Sony drops the PS3 price, will the 360 continue to outsell it?

Ps3 outsold it without a price cut earlier this year, then xbox went bonkers and cut price. I think that with the lineup that PS3 has next year a price cut would help drastically

Around the Network

It absolutely wouldn't.

RPG said:
leatherhat said:
It probably will, then we will have "oh noes xbox is doomed" threads, until microsoft drops price again. Its a cycle of sales

TBH I cant wait for the turn of PS3 owners, the amount of PS3 hate I have seen is atrocious.

dont worry...........when that time comes il ratchet them right up........nothing wrong in prefering 1 over the other i have many live m8s who dont need a ps3 because all thier friends are on 360, so what if 1 prefers 1 over the other..........what ticks me off is that there are some who activly want another persons purchase to fall off the map which is a bit sad

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

at the same price point the PS3 would absolutley murder the 360 in sales , it's never been cheaper than the 360 yet it has managed to sell faster since launch.

No it wont

mM
Around the Network

well during the year a 299 ps3 was seling more than a 169-199-279, xbox.........but against a 129-169-229 xbox combined with credit crunch, thats a bit to much for ps3 so current sales are exactly what i expected...........sony just like microsoft are constantly working away to bring down production costs.......and when they finally do i expect a possible 229-249 ps3 combined with what has to be the best 2009 lineup(from wat weve seen so far) will outsell 360........and if a 199 ps3e hit the market it would sell exremly well.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

In NA - No

In Europe - Yes

I think the way Europeans see the PS3 is the same way North Americans see the 360... and I think everyone sees the Wii the same way.. eheh

Kids are asking for 360's (or Wii's) here in NA, they don't care about the cost... the parents go to the store, see the price difference between the 360 and PS3, and then let sigh of relief that they didn't want a PS3.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

@gebx

Nice theory you have there, where did you get it from? Thin air?

mM
gebx said:
In NA - No

In Europe - Yes

I think the way Europeans see the PS3 is the same way North Americans see the 360... and I think everyone sees the Wii the same way.. eheh

Kids are asking for 360's (or Wii's) here in NA, they don't care about the cost... the parents go to the store, see the price difference between the 360 and PS3, and then let sigh of relief that they didn't want a PS3.

PS3 was outselling 360 even in america before the 360 price drop was it not?

Don't forget that the xbox has dropped its price to battle the PS3 doing better than it was doing. Its lower price point will keep it at an elevated level of sales. I don't know whether the PS3 would boost that much (don't know what level the 360 sales will level off at, and I don't know how much the PS3 stands to gain per week)

But I would guess that the xbox would manage a lead.