By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Power - Capcom ’significantly retooling’ Spyborgs

Matured look on Spyborgs FTW?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

yushire said:

F**K NO.

The "gray/brown/crimson/black/brown, dark and edgy"-style is so effin' overused it's become the biggest cliche in gaming today next to cookie-cutter FPS's and the "graphics = game"-school of opinion. Capcom better keep the LucasArts-like look they had going on earlier, otherwise the game will lose a lot of its appeal.

Unless they make the game like Conker's Bad Fur Day (or Sam&Max) - cutesy and weird on the outside, viciously hilarious on the inside. Then the "matured" angle would be justified.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

yushire said:

I hope not. It doesn't need it, and frankly I'm getting severely burned out on the generic gray-and-brown.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Millennium said:
yushire said:

I hope not. It doesn't need it, and frankly I'm getting severely burned out on the generic gray-and-brown.

I'm with you on this.  I like the original look.  It reminded me of when Saturday morning cartoons were actually good.

The original "style" was ok, the game just need more work and polish... lots of work and polish...

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Around the Network

Well they did say Sptborgs retooling. And with the comments with the core fanbase so far especially GT, GAF and IGN "they dont like the overall design" not only with the graphics. If not, they say they dont like the graphics and CAPCOM DID SAY retooling not changing the engine.

I dont want to scare anyone here but theres no one to blame if this happens...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

maybe they can at least make it look as beautiful as those Sonic and the black Knight pictures texture and such-wise

yushire, they're not taking the Wii game that they hoped to use to launch a saturday morning cartoon and turning it in to a dark adult game because of some net nerds.

We barely knew anything about the game to begin with, let alone how they're reworking it. This is probably mostly about how it plays. On the optimist side it could be a sign of effort and dedication to the game. On the pessimists side it could be an admittance of failure in it's earlier stages. Either way, It'll still end up looking alot like...well... Spyborgs.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

spdk1 said:
maybe they can at least make it look as beautiful as those Sonic and the black Knight pictures texture and such-wise

I dont know... Maybe the teaser was just CG cinematics rather than the actual gameplay. Though I dont mind if Sonic and Black Knight was as same graphics as Sonic and the secret rings...

As for the topic, SO... you like Spyborgs have matured look? Its not possible, Insomniac did Resistance after all. Theres also in Boinic games that was once a former Resistance developer right?

E3 2010- Tape runs out

stof said:
yushire, they're not taking the Wii game that they hoped to use to launch a saturday morning cartoon and turning it in to a dark adult game because of some net nerds.

We barely knew anything about the game to begin with, let alone how they're reworking it. This is probably mostly about how it plays. On the optimist side it could be a sign of effort and dedication to the game. On the pessimists side it could be an admittance of failure in it's earlier stages. Either way, It'll still end up looking alot like...well... Spyborgs.

LOL anything can be possible though, anyway now that I think about it, what audience could Spyborgs could be? its a new IP and it isnt Spongebob or Ben 10 either, and theres no cartoon for it yet how they'll advertise this...

E3 2010- Tape runs out