By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The woods for the trees: No the PS3 isn't doomed FFS!

@ squilliam, you also have to take into account their financing of Insomniac, Sucker Punch and paying for WKS

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
@ squilliam, you also have to take into account their financing of Insomniac, Sucker Punch and paying for WKS

Insomniac would probably pay for themselves, they have 145 staff but they release a game every year and they seem to sell pretty well. Sucker Punch and WKS, im not sure. They'd just go on top of everything else I guess, but being Publishers any money they make would pay back the costs incurred by the financing.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:

Insomniac would probably pay for themselves, they have 145 staff but they release a game every year and they seem to sell pretty well. Sucker Punch and WKS, im not sure. They'd just go on top of everything else I guess, but being Publishers any money they make would pay back the costs incurred by the financing.

Except they still haven't realeased their games yet so currently they are costing Sony money, and they are relying on good sales to make it back.

Yeah, Insomniac will pay for themselves, I read that they have made the most money from PS3, and though it was not from the most reliable source, they still must have made tonnes

Munkeh111 said:
Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:

Except they still haven't realeased their games yet so currently they are costing Sony money, and they are relying on good sales to make it back.

Yeah, Insomniac will pay for themselves, I read that they have made the most money from PS3, and though it was not from the most reliable source, they still must have made tonnes

The money they paid in 2006/2007/2008 is unlikely to factor into their decisions as to what they do with the revenue from 2009. The money has been paid out/gone forever and they aren't going to get that money back. So really their decisions about what to do with the PS3 in 2009 only really relate to the current financial year, next year.  

Tease.

Squilliam ....

Around the Network

I'm doing my best for sony! a few weeks ago I baught my ps3 and 4 games! thoes 4 games made sony $24... but.... then at the same time I guess I costed them more by buying their system... damn! Sorry sony. Your charity will be rewarded one day!

on a lighter note, cheaper petrol! WOOOOOOO

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

I understand you love Sony but that is no reason to ignore reality. Sony themselves have said they are slashing tons of jobs. They have announced massively reduce profit forecasts. The financial reports for the gaming division since PS3 came out have been showing massive losses (despite profits from PSP and PS2 but these are now seeing lower sales).

You can do all the calculations you want but those are revenue. Has nothing to do with profits. Anyone (apart from Sony fanboys) can see Sony is facing difficult times. Sony themselves know it. I don't think PS3 is going anywhere as suggested by a few in the media but to pretend things are rosy for Sony well that aint reality

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

gosh, what are the chances of sony not making it through this generation due to massive losses?

If at first you don't succeed, you fail

I will help Sony. God willing, in January, they will get one more consumer: me

And, btw, Squilliam, I really like your threads, always fun and well-written.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

tuoyo said:
I understand you love Sony but that is no reason to ignore reality. Sony themselves have said they are slashing tons of jobs. They have announced massively reduce profit forecasts. The financial reports for the gaming division since PS3 came out have been showing massive losses (despite profits from PSP and PS2 but these are now seeing lower sales).

You can do all the calculations you want but those are revenue. Has nothing to do with profits. Anyone (apart from Sony fanboys) can see Sony is facing difficult times. Sony themselves know it. I don't think PS3 is going anywhere as suggested by a few in the media but to pretend things are rosy for Sony well that aint reality

I'm pretty sure this is simply a rebuttal to the thousands of PS3 is history thread thats been floating around. Yes they're not doing great atm but there are plenty of company in just as bad shape, heck look at EA! They've cut jobs, reduce their revenue forecast, stopped their global expansion and there have even been rumour of a Disney takeover, yet no one is clucking about their doom.

I will reinterate Squilliam main point: THE PS3 isn't doomed FFS!