By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Blu-Ray sales are off the charts! (Positive Sony News!)

Max King of the Wild said:
Slimebeast said:
It still sucks that there are so few movies released on Blue ray.

Basically u only have 300, James Bond and The Dark Knight to choose from lol.

I want Conan, The Lord of the Rings, The Others, Alexander, Scarface, Last of the Mohicans, The Village, Apocalypto, Braveheart, 1492, AI, Kingdom of Heaven, Contact, Aliens etc... there shuld be 3000 movies to choose from by now.

and you were saying munkeh was trolling? Thats rich.

That was only a joke. It was the other guy accusing Munkeh of trolling.

Around the Network

yes this is good news , u know what's good too? Quantum Of Solace 007
Sony is getting shit loads of money right now :D

I never thought I would like Bond :D

Yeah! CNN wont be reporting this i bet, seeing as they just hate the PS3. Blu ray ftw!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
Yeah! CNN wont be reporting this i bet, seeing as they just hate the PS3. Blu ray ftw!

Someone has to be report positive news, since everyone seems to slap hate left and right @ it. :P

sieanr said:
"According to Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray players rank at #1 for the most wanted electronic for this holiday season. "

So they are basing this partly off some consumer surveys. Where is the sales data to support this?

I don't have sales data to support that, but I do have data to support the opposite (at least for Black Friday):

Players for Blu-ray discs, the high-definition successor to the DVD, did relatively well, since the prices are now below $200. Retailers sold 147,000 units, excluding Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 3 consoles, which can also play the discs. But the older format is still king: Three times as many DVD players were sold.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081210/tec_techbit_gadget_shopping.html?.v=2

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Wow, positive ps3 news actually exists. I'm starting to browse vgc less and less because all these "doomed" threads are making me ill

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

NJ5 said:
sieanr said:
"According to Digital Entertainment Group, Blu-ray players rank at #1 for the most wanted electronic for this holiday season. "

So they are basing this partly off some consumer surveys. Where is the sales data to support this?

I don't have sales data to support that, but I do have data to support the opposite (at least for Black Friday):

Players for Blu-ray discs, the high-definition successor to the DVD, did relatively well, since the prices are now below $200. Retailers sold 147,000 units, excluding Sony Corp.'s PlayStation 3 consoles, which can also play the discs. But the older format is still king: Three times as many DVD players were sold.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081210/tec_techbit_gadget_shopping.html?.v=2

Point across though, alot of people say the "Blu-Ray" format wont last, well this proves them wrong. :)

Wasnt it the Digital Entertainment Group that said the PS3 was the most wanted Xmas present 2 years ago and would overtake the 360 within a couple of months with the Wii finishing last ?

Not all sources are created equal !

But-but-but, Blu-Ray is going to f.i.a.l.

they should lower the price on blu ray movies by a few dollars and that would help a lot.