By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where 3rd parties stand concerning the Wii

We already know that 3rd parties are shifting towards the Wii, but I wanted to just put a little more detail into which publishers are doing the shifting. We’ll do it alphabetically:

Activision: About 45 Wii titles, with the most significant IPs being the Guitar Hero series, Lego series, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and Call of Duty.

Support level: Great

Atari: Besides DBZ games, nothing worth noting. However their support for all systems is pretty much lacking so….. Support Level (SL from now on): Poor

Atlus: Trauma Center…. But I hear some Wii games are coming… SL: Moderate Capcom: Resident Evil series, Zack & Wiki, Okami, and several titles coming in for 2009 like Monster Hunter 3 and Spyborgs. SL: Great

Eidos Interactive: Tomb Raider, Monster Lab, Blast Works SL: Good EA: Sports, Boom Blox, Sims series. There is rumored to be an exciting IP coming from EA in 2009 so, for what it’s worth SL: Great

Factor 5: Nonexistent, but a Star Fox is rumored SL: Poor

High Voltage Software: I think we all know what they are doing. The Conduit, Animales de la Muerte, Gyrostarr (I think), and an announced Conduit sequel. SL: Good

Jaleco: Haven’t heard from them in years, but there is a game they are working on for the Wii, and they already released at least 1 game (Zenkoku Dekotora Matsuri) IDK what it is but it sold 30k… SL: Poor

Koei: Has a couple of titles coming, but what they’ve released is mediocre at best SL: Poor Konami: Castlevania Judgment, Pro Evolution Soccer, DDR, and several titles coming up. SL: Good

Marvelous Interactive: They are pretty much throwing everything they are working on onto the Wii, plus No More Heroes and Harvest Moon series. SL: Great

Namco Bandai: 25 titles with several coming up (New Tales right?) Plus, We Ski and Tales of Symphonia SL: Great Sega: No question. 25 titles were released already, with the top contenders of 2009 coming from them. It is not just great, it is… SL: Superior

Sierra Entertainment: It’s OK, I guess. They got Spyro and Crash. SL: Moderate

Square Enix: Their Wii support has been disputed in the past, but they have announced Dragon Quest X for the Wii (which will be heavily advertised worldwide), an a couple Final Fantasy oriented titles. SL: Good

THQ: de Blob, Smackdown series, but a lot of licensed stuff. SL: Good Ubisoft: There is a lot of shovelware, but I think they are starting to turn things around with Shaun White Snowboarding, and Rayman Raving Rabbids SL: Moderate

This information here is very telling. What it really shows is that no longer do people have to worry about the Wii receiving support. With the userbase being at around 50m by the time these titles are released, I hope we don’t have to worry about sales either.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Konami: Castlevania Judgment, Pro Evolution Soccer, DDR, and several titles coming up. SL: Good

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sick of SackBoy threads

Um Factor 5 already announced it was working on Wii Projects. http://wii.ign.com/articles/851/851287p1.html

Atari's bringing us Sam and Max: Season Two.

That deserves a bump in SL right there.

It looks good to me. Don't know much about Dragon Quest but I hope third parties will be working with the wii very hard to promote The Conduit.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

Where is Electronic Arts? So far, they have done the best work on the Wii.

The Godfather: Blackhand Edition (best 3rd party game on Wii)

Boom Blox

Medal of Honour: Heroes 2

The Simpsons game

1 awesome, 1 great, 1 good, 1 decent.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

noname2200 said:
Atari's bringing us Sam and Max: Season Two.

That deserves a bump in SL right there.

Atari is also publishing the Ghostbusters games.

SaviorX said:

We already know that 3rd parties are shifting towards the Wii, but I wanted to just put a little more detail into which publishers are doing the shifting. We’ll do it alphabetically:

Factor 5: Nonexistent, but a Star Fox is rumored SL: Poor

High Voltage Software: I think we all know what they are doing. The Conduit, Animales de la Muerte, Gyrostarr (I think), and an announced Conduit sequel. SL: Good

Sierra Entertainment: It’s OK, I guess. They got Spyro and Crash. SL: Moderate

Square Enix: Their Wii support has been disputed in the past, but they have announced Dragon Quest X for the Wii (which will be heavily advertised worldwide), an a couple Final Fantasy oriented titles. SL: Good

Sierra also brought Scarface and Geometry Wars to the Wii.

High Voltage is also crafting Evasive Space for the Wii, and that simulated gambling title that was a launch game for Wii Ware was from them as well.

Factor5 is rumored to be working on Kid Icarus, not StarFox.

Squeenix is doing more for the DS, as of now, than the Wii.  All told, they only have two titles on the Virtual Console, but one of the more ambitious WiiWare games.  Don't forget Dragon Quest Swords for the Wii.

Factor 5 is probably working on Kid Icarus.

For it's size I think the Wii and Wiiware support from HVS is: Great