By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

You should play Vesperia.

Its fun, Id stay buy that intead of SO4.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

I really want to play Tales of Vesperia, it's on my most wanted for this year, but it only comes out in europe in June/July :( Damn Namco region-locking their games...

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I still haven't played Vesperia yet.

I have been trying to get myself to pick it up but I have never been real big on the Tales combat system. I found it hard for me to even enjoy the demo.

Hopefully though it winds up like Valkyria Chronicles, where I played the demo and though "meh", then picked up the game, played it, and later though "WOW!".

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

how many rpg's do i own
ANSWER=to bloody many i haven't counted them but if you said a 1o%of all my games where rpgs it would be about 200 mostly old stuff as every generation
it seems there are less rpgs although ps2 is probably the exception and this generation is going to have the least by a large margin .
got to go just got a phone call to pick up kz2

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@euphoria14, ok thats cool.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

just got star ocean 4 today and the strategy guide. will play it sometime next week.
what rpg deserves the most to be remade on a next gen system?
my answer is : legend of dragoon

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

i have to say ff7 or another one of those games that i missed the first time around

FF7 is still easy to find, though. In fact, all of the PS Final Fantasy's are.

I'm going to have to say Earthbound for the Wii, or re-make some Tales games for the 360. That would be sweet.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

i know but it costs quite a bit of money i can get it used(really scratched)for ninety dollars

That sucks...

My store repairs games and has it for 70$. Final Fantasy 8 and 9 only cost 40$.

Most expensive RPG there is Final Fanatasy 6 for 90$... I don't know why they want so much for that one.