By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

production I.G definitly, they are simply amazing. i also would prefer an anime over a live action film and CGI style, theres something so beautiful and artistic about something drawn with a pen, that CGI and live action cannot capture.

Around the Network

@lestatdark

A question, in an earlier post you said your rpg gaming credentials go back to ultima 1 when you where replying about the depth of story in the kotor games ,it got me thinking ultima 1 came out in 1980 i first played in 1988 on the amiga 500 along with 2&3 wich made up that part of the ultima arc,your age doesn't fit with this, was it a later version of ultima 1 and if so it can be misleading because saying your gaming experience goes back to ultima 1 makes it seem llike it basically goes back to close to the beginning of modern rpgs i'm not trying to have a go at you just showing how things can appear

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@mjk45

It's ok really ;) It was that game that started me on RPG's, i played it on my father's PC when i was 4 years old, back in 1990. At that time i already had played on the NES, Amiga and Spectrum ZX, all those were my father's as well, but i mainly played platformers and racing games. On the PC i played my first gaming sessions of Ultima I, Simcity and Civilization, as well 4D Stunt Racing, Indy 500, Prehistorik and another game that i cannot recall it's name right now. After that i got more and more into RPG's, mainly because my godfather was a die-hard RPG lover, so he bought lot's of them and let me play as well.
As i grew up to my 16/17 years of age, i started on emulation, and now i have almost every emulation program there is, Dosbox, M.A.M.E, Phantom, Dolphin, EPSXE, PSXE2, Project 64, VBA, IDEAS, Megasis, Znes, and many others.
I actually spent two years, before i got into collegue were i would only play old games, catching up to all that i couldn't play before :)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark ,yes i see now my first gaming machine was a commodore 64 i bought it secondhand off a 12 year old boy it was selling for 250 dollars with 200 games about 50 boxed the rest "copies " 3 good joysticks and what set it apart from others being sold in the classified adds was apart from about twice as many games it came with the top of the line action replay cartridge brand new costing a $100 by itself i got a lot of enjoyment out of it including my favourite c64 game that i played with my girlfriend and two other girls that shared a unit with me at uni it was M.U.L.E i then sold it with 600 games and bought an amiga loved playing many wonderful games on it to many to mention them all but some where dungeon master ,Stunt car racer, syndicate & populous games hired guns and liberation:captive 2 then sold the amiga with about 200 boxed games and 500 copied games to help buy my ps1 I'm sure that the ps1 got a large boost especially in PAL regions from people like myself looking for a new games machine and not wanting to move to systems that where perceived as rivals to the amiga and the ps1 fitted that bill perfectly so that's some of my gaming history .
PS, yes copies is a euphemism for piracy but that is how it was in Australia at that time with a lot of titles hard to get and new ones costing sixty dollars. The only pirated games i own now are dreamcast games a friend used to download them by satellite make full colour prints of the front and back covers not that cheap washed out look you See on most pirated stock and sell them but he gave me one of every game he had ,all the rest are legit and thats how its going to stay

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

picked spectre force 3 today

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

gonna get operation darkness tomorrow and persona 1 and 2.

has anyone beaten disgaea 3 yet, i am about 65hrs into it.

has anyone bought the dlc for "two worlds"?

name your top 10 of most disappointed rpg's.
1. final fantasy 12
2. dark cloud 2
3. shadow hearts : a new world
4. baiten kaitos origins
5. alundra 2
6. wild arms
7. evergrace
8. wow
9. everquest 2
10. kotor 2

my top 10 most disapointg rpg would be:
1. Grandia 3
2. FF11
3. FF mystic quest
4. Legend of Mana
5. Rogue Galaxy (can't get over the fact that it is not a dark cloud)
6. Icewind Dale
7. Silver
8. Dokapon GBA
9. Alundra 2
10. Oblivion ES4 (dumbed down version of morrowind)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"