By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

mjk45 said:

SAGA FRONTIER GAMES
question :what is happening with the series ,i only played saga frontier 2 and last night talking to some friends that game popped up, so that's why i put the heading up

You need to play SaGa Frontier 1. The battle system is where SF2 battle system came from. I love that game.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

@destiny blade, hmmm . let me think, i would say the multi sword hit combo attack. forget the name, but i liked the effects and damaged it did though.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Who here played Panzer Dragoon Saga? IMO it's the best SAT rpg ever made and it's one of my Top 10 of all time as well. The game is very well made, and the story of Azel is passionately beautiful. Also it had a great battle system, being able to change dragon forms in mid battle was very helpful and gave you a lot of different strateguies for each fight.

I really hope SEGA comes out with a sequel for it, i felt that Panzer Dragoon Orta was really lacking in comparison to Saga.

(PS - Sorry for the slow activity here on the thread, I have three final semester exams for next week and it's takin up all of my time x_X)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark, its cool man. good luck :)
i would love for a panzer dragoon saga sequel, but i doubt sega will ever do it.
for some reason they dont like making sequels to fans favorite games.

It's true, they put on a deaf ear when it comes to fan pleas for sequels. Shenmue 3 is another case, they could very well make that sequel for any of the HD consoles, or even both, but instead they act like that saga never existed.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@Euphoria14,do you know if it came out in pal territory , i can't remember but suppose i could get a ntsc copy ,and play it on my ntsc ps2 although i would prefer a pal version,i thought the combat was really interesting in 2 and liked the story even if you had to remember every one,so what happened was it considered to hardcore .

ps read your profile , sad news about billy powell  another skynyrd gone only 56

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

talking tales games ,the only tales game i own is tales of eternia what is the battle system like in the newer games, i think sega are a bit nervous when it comes to releasing some of there classic rpgs they know there is a clientel ready and waiting ,but with the expense and time it takes for a class A rpg , they probably think they would need to pull in a large number of new gamers and history shows a lot of games that have a long hiatus can lose as many fans as they pick up new ones even some great games still selling millions have smalller sales each series,and it is a lot cheaper to make say a car racing games etc,its a shame and i hope it changes

i want another jade empire but with the kotor mmorpg will we get one,i liked every thing about that game

It's sad that KOTOR III had to go mmorpg, i would have liked it so much more if they stuck with the sp experience of the past II games. There are just too many mmorpg's out there, and it will have to compete with the heavyweights like WoW or LOTR, it's a huge gamble by bioware

Current PC Build

@lestatdark, u are right about bioware competing with wow/lotr. but bioware has a ace up their sleeves and its the ( consoles ), we all know its going to come to the 360 for sure, since bioware loves the 360 and xbox platforms, mostly likey will hit the ps3 as well. with the console fans of bioware i am sure those hundred of thousands of ppl ,maybe even a million or more will help if compete against wow/lotr alot better than being soley on the pc.
@mjk45 , bioware is making a sequel to jade empire, its suppose to be on the 360 and maybe the ps3, but its coming to the 360 for sure though.