By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

emilie autumn said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@mjk45 u mean the island's cloest to heaven and hell. i loved the draw system from ff8, cause it gave u more too think about , then your normal hit button and move on. also i think a sequel to "legend of dragoon" would and could sell a good amount. but 1st they would need to release it on psn at least 6 months before the sequel and also would have to promote the hell out of it, something sony doesnt do very well with most of their titles, like m$ and nintendo does.

the junction system was really amazing, but thats problem with it, it makes the game the easiest FF, you can easily pull off a 9999 damage with squall in disc 1 and couple that with renzokuken and you can take down every boss in 1 turn(omega weapon in 3).

The junction system just let you raise stats freakishly high without raising your own level and consequently the levels of the enemies.

Really though, it was less about the junction system in FF8 and more about how broken limit breaks were.  Abusing the yellow HP and menu button you could easily do a limit break in place of every normal attack.  As you gain access to the ultra powerful limit breaks (Lionheart and Angel Wing), the difficulty of the game bottoms out.

Still, try a level 100 playthrough and see how it is.  You can easily be level 100 before the SEED exam.  Just to illustrate the difference that makes... the Tonberry King goes from a 1-2 minute battle to a 1-2 hour battle.

Around the Network

@words of wisdom, what ff game was your favorite?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@words of wisdom, what ff game was your favorite?

Hm... VI is the one I've enjoyed the most.

Damn, Star Ocean 2 is awesome, but now I'm in some ruins and the game is starting to get quite hard. Any hints?

which do u think will happen 1st square-enix to release final fantasy 1-6 on xbl and psn or ff14 ? i think ff 1-6 stands a better chance since square-enix takes so long to make a rpg anymore.

Around the Network

@zuhyc , which ruins?

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
which do u think will happen 1st square-enix to release final fantasy 1-6 on xbl and psn or ff14 ? i think ff 1-6 stands a better chance since square-enix takes so long to make a rpg anymore.

Remake of V and VI will most likely come out for the DS, just like III and IV. After that either they'll lay off the remakes for a while and focus on other things (like KH spin-offs and sequel) or start remaking VII-IX. The latter option would be more expensive, so I'm guessing they'll go with the first one.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

SE won't release any FF game on xbl or psn. They can make much more money by full priced ports and remakes.

And I'm at the Hoffman ruins, I need something to finish that Heraldry weapon.

@johann true, i think kh3 most likely will be their next big game their work on after ffv13 is finished or close to being finished so maybe they can release it before winter 2011.

my favourite final fantasy's, would be vi and vii loved them equally ,vi had in my opinion and that's all it is, the best boss of all the ff's,i have a question i played a ff game on a dreamcast compilation disc, if i remember it was called ffv but also had crystals or something similar in the title, if i remember rightly it was concerned with pirates, is this ffv or another game i remember getting lost on some boats, PS could some one please tell me about fragile i asked about it in an earlier post, plus  @robotechheaven you didn't tell me about your thoughts on the psp phantasy star game coming out this year.

@words of wisdom,i agree it was the limit breaks  that made it easy but i liked the way you could customise the gf's plus you didn't really have to level grind,talking about these games make me nostalgic .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot