By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

my thoughts exactly ROBOTECHHEAVEN. They could have enhanced the gameplay of Swords so much if they had put a PvP system in it. But in my opinion it was the rail system that was the major buzz killer in the game

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

the topic for tonight is : what is the best moment in a rpg that made u go wow or got somewhat emotional ? for me is was the moment where kaim saw his daughter and got that shock/jolted moment where he finally remembered her, after he thought she was dead. i could have picked other moments from lost odyssey as well, specially during his memory recall scenes.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

R-Heaven, Before you post, say "X game spoiler" and then post it (highlight it with a black background). Thank god I'm probably never gonna play lost odyssey lol.

Personally, for me, it's a couple of things. FF X ending, FFX-2 1000 words FMV... "DIGITAL DEVIL SAGA 2 SPOILER" When Sera and Serph burn to death together...

@xen, oh yea sorry about that. your choices are very good picks. :)

also the final fantasy 10-2 good ending is great as well.

Around the Network

Hmm... Aerith's death all the way. Frog SPLITTIN THE FREAKING MOUNTAIN was pretty goddamn awsome as well.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Johann said:
Hmm... Aerith's death all the way. Frog SPLITTIN THE FREAKING MOUNTAIN was pretty goddamn awsome as well.

i agree with this. and when rose and lavitz die in legend of the dragoon too i almost cried in those scenes.

@johann, aerith's death was pretty shocking as well.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
what is everyone's favorite dreamcast rpg? mine would be grandia 2.

Grandia 2 was excellent I loved the Elena/Millenia duo, but I prefer Skies of Arcadia as Dreamcast's best RPG. Elemental Gimmick Gear (E.G.G.) was great too, too bad almost nobody knows about this game xD

"Librarse de tener que ir de jurado es facil. El truco está en decir que tienes prejuicios contra todas las razas". - Homer Simpson

The most shocking moment for me in an RPG must have been the moment Selan and Maxim go through with their wedding in Lufia 2. I mean, you've got Tia doing everything for Maxim, and then he goes and marries someone else xD I felt so very sorry for her

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"