By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

Euphoria14 said:
^Then that will be the day I probably give up gaming.

I remember Genesis and SNES games costing around $70-80 and thinking it was insane. Then CDs came along and prices dropped. Now they jump up again.

Current graphics are fine for me and hopefully for many others. Next gen we may see MS and Sony do what Nintendo did and just add to their current system in terms of gameplay options and very little graphical updates to keep the production costs to a minimum. This along with lowering dev costs should lead to cheaper games. Although I wouldn't expect any of these greedy companies to do something nice like that.

Exactly what they should do. They put too much epmhasis on graphics and it is starting to blow up in their faces.

Around the Network

Me neither, i definetly expect that they will try to do a big graphics jump like the seventh generation jump did. 1 GB VRAM cards with 1 GB ram and bigger HDD's all adding up to a faster CPU and adding more costs. If this keeps going on, more and more people will resort to emulation in the future and an increase in console piracy to the levels we see on PC gaming (spore's 2 million pirate copies is an insane number, that would kill any console Dev)

Edit - I'm very much pleased with the graphics that we got in this gen, i think they are a great achievement and that they give us such pretty games, no need to keep pushing the envelope until it breaks

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Well this talk of no longer playing games is upsetting.

Let us talk about whatever wonderful RPGs come to mind.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

i hope m$ and sony, dont follow nintendo's lead by adding a pointing device for their next system as the primary control method. if they have one but as option for fps and such, then i would be ok with it. i for one want a game system with a traditional control method (controller) and another system like the wii. so i can have the best of both worlds, if the next systems go away with the controller i might wait a good while before i jump into the next batch of systems.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@Euphoria14 ok let's do that xD anyone here played Lufia II:Rise of the Sinistrals for the SNES? That is without a doubt my favourite RPG/game of all time =D
@ROBOTECHHEAVEN i think they are already trying to do that if one is to believe the rumors that motion controler devices are coming from both companies. They are ripping off everything from one another, it's hard to find something original that stays that way :/

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i hope m$ and sony, dont follow nintendo's lead by adding a pointing device for their next system as the primary control method. if they have one but as option for fps and such, then i would be ok with it. i for one want a game system with a traditional control method (controller) and another system like the wii. so i can have the best of both worlds, if the next systems go away with the controller i might wait a good while before i jump into the next batch of systems.

When we meant Sony and MS should follow Nintendo, we just meant that they should put less emphasis on graphics like they do because HD console development is starting to kill off some companies.  I think most gamers stopped caring about graphics quite a while ago.  Gameplay and even story matter more than garphics these days.

I hope they don't add waggle. Sorry if any Wii owners get offended but could you imagine playing a game like Kingdom Hearts with waggle? God damn, you would never be able to stop waving your arms around.

Think of the 1000 Heartless battle with waggle. -.-

@Lestat

Unfortunately I have not played all the way through Lufia II, I played a few hours and I liked it but then I was sidetracked with some other RPG.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
I hope they don't add waggle. Sorry if any Wii owners get offended but could you imagine playing a game like Kingdom Hearts with waggle? God damn, you would never be able to stop waving your arms around.

@Lestat

Unfortunately I have not played all the way through Lufia II, I played a few hours and I liked it but then I was sidetracked with some other RPG.

I have the same problem wih Mother 3.  I played some of it and really liked what I played but other games and other things in general sidetracked me.

Can't even begin to put that picture in my head XDDD even worse would be trying to fight Sephiroth with waggle. How many times would we be able to say *owned* before we got slaugthered by him? :D

When you've got the time you should give it a try ;) I really loved how they implemented the puzzles with the spells and items that you've held. Also the onscreen enemies was sweet two, you could actually pick the fights that you wanted (except bosses of course). Also it had The Worlds Most Difficult Puzzle XDDDD and i tell you, it really was fiendishly hard, took me 15 tries and 4 hours to finally get it right :D

Edit - @Riachu I loved mother 3, but personally, earthbound it's the better game :)

Current PC Build

Euphoria14 said:

@Lestat

LOL. The Battle of 1000 Waggles

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!