By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

I'm with Robot on Monster Hunter. I wasn't into it until MH2 Freedom on my PSP... It is AWESOME, especially with pals.

MH3 I am kinda excited for, but the networking on the Wii better be decent enough for fun co-op. Actually, if MH3 comes out on the PSP as well... I may just skip the Wii version (unless its epic in some new way).

Around the Network

@Lestat

Better pick it up soon. When I went to pick mine up I had to grab the Gamestop shelf copy as it was the only one left in stock. My local Walmart, Target, etc... do not even carry the game anymore due to dismal sales.

This game may end up becoming a rarity like Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden II.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

To tell the truth I too was impressed with the demo, but the 3rd person style made me think I may eventually grow tired of it.

When I actually got to playing it, to be honest the game blew me away. I love the storybook style for the episodes, the painted look for the graphics, squads level up together instead of separately, etc...

Just everything about this game makes me feel good inside, makes me realize what this gen has been missing.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

lestatdark said:
@Euphoria14, I still have to pick it up, i loved the demo =D
@ROBOTECHHEAVEN, might worth checking it out then, got to see how my finances are gonna be for next month XD

Edit - Ignore this post. I for some reason though you wrote "Fiances" and not "Finances". LOL!

Currently playing:

@Euphoria14 well here in stores it's everywhere, it's a kind of game that most gamers here don't like, which it's trully a shame. In portugal the only kind of games that sell either it's the new iteration of Pro Evolution Soccer (Winning Eleven), a new expansion of the sims, Buzz or another of the zillion Singstar games that come out each month =/

Edit - Looool xDDDD that would be hilarious, if my girlfriend alone can get on my nerves because how much i game, a lot of them would drive me over the edge completely :D

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

i need too start more money with all the 360 rpg games, wii rpg games and such . specially with star ocean4,wkc and arcrise fantasia

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

me too, guess sooner or later i've got to get myself a part-time job

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@ROBOTECHHEAVEN

Unfortunately I will need to miss out on so many RPGs now with my current situation. My time for endless hours of RPG bliss are coming to a screeching halt.

If I am lucky I will play WKC and Star Ocean 4. Maybe ToV if it goes to the budget bin.

I wish I could still buy 2-3 games a month, but $60 is ridiculous. Where are the good old $40 new releases?

Currently playing:

Unfortunatly i think we will never see those days again. Videogames tend to get more expensive to produce, and that reflects on their retail price. Until developres find a way to slow down the scalation of production prices, we'll see a rise in retail prices as well for the next generations of consoles :/ i'm afraid that the next gen games, if they come in a new format, will cost up to 80 euros (110$ here).

Current PC Build

^Then that will be the day I probably give up gaming.

I remember Genesis and SNES games costing around $70-80 and thinking it was insane. Then CDs came along and prices dropped. Now they jump up again.

Current graphics are fine for me and hopefully for many others. Next gen we may see MS and Sony do what Nintendo did and just add to their current system in terms of gameplay options and very little graphical updates to keep the production costs to a minimum. This along with lowering dev costs should lead to cheaper games. Although I wouldn't expect any of these greedy companies to do something nice like that.

Currently playing: