By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:

I just lost 170 hours of saved game in DQIX thanks to my little cousin....I want to punch something >_>

OH MY GOD

I can't understand how that might feel!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=115161&page=1&str=73318380#

New FFXIV TRAILER!

The song is very good and it makes me feel so  nostalgic

I really think why couldn't this be single player!

I'm just going to start all over again...when I feel like it. I don't want to play anything for the next hours >_<

The FFXIV trailer looks amazing, and everything it has a very SP aura to it. A shame that they made it a MMO, guess I'll just wait for the next main SP entry.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:

I just lost 170 hours of saved game in DQIX thanks to my little cousin....I want to punch something >_>

OH MY GOD

I can't understand how that might feel!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=115161&page=1&str=73318380#

New FFXIV TRAILER!

The song is very good and it makes me feel so  nostalgic

I really think why couldn't this be single player!

I'm just going to start all over again...when I feel like it. I don't want to play anything for the next hours >_<

The FFXIV trailer looks amazing, and everything it has a very SP aura to it. A shame that they made it a MMO, guess I'll just wait for the next main SP entry.

Apparently FFXIV is trying to merge SP and MMO stuff.

I want it but I'm apprehensive as I've never played MMO's properly

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@darth, u can always play with me and ssen when we play ff14:online if u wana. up to u my friend :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@Lestat ,i hope your cousins not feeling to bad about it ,after all it is squeenix's fault for not allowing multiple saves .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@Robo , have you installed steam yet lets us know your steam id and i will gift you those  games i promised . that goes to any of my friends on here who have a steam id, my id is mjk45 funny that

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Favorite jrpg this year Final Fantasy 13 (PS3 version)

Favorite wrpg this year Mass Effect 2 (360 version)

Favorite wrpg of all time Mass Effect 2

Favorite jrpg of all time Lost Odyssey

Yeah I know I'm cheating breaking it up in to jrpg and wrpg categories but it's tough for me to pick just 1 in each of those categories.

mjk45 said:

@Lestat ,i hope your cousins not feeling to bad about it ,after all it is squeenix's fault for not allowing multiple saves .

Yeah, that pissed me off to no avail. I really don't understand why they did it, every other DQ game has at least 3 save game slots, even the NES ones.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark, so sorry for your loss of save game data from dq9.  the only silver lining is that u now know how to defeat everything up to the point u were at, so the fights, how to make this or that should be alittle easier. anyways sorry again my friend. :(

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@lestatdark, so sorry for your loss of save game data from dq9.  the only silver lining is that u now know how to defeat everything up to the point u were at, so the fights, how to make this or that should be alittle easier. anyways sorry again my friend. :(

Yup, I'm starting a new file now, got to the Hexagon. I'm going to try a different combination of characters now, and focus on getting materials right from the get go, to avoid some issues that I had in the previous playthrough.

I just hope I can tag another 30 people again to fully upgrade the Inn. It makes tons of difference due to the Celestrial fountain which gives random materials (ranging from Medicinal Herbs to Astral Plumes and Mini Medals) every 60 minutes.

Current PC Build

@lestatdark, i wish u the best my friend. good luck  :)

it seems from the new egm magazine that todd howard from bethesda is getting ready sooner than later to take elder scrolls 5 from behind the curtain i think. make me a very happy person   :)