By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@mjk45

I GOT Planetscape Torment!!!

Just gonna finish off Nier and Ratchet before going into it!

Congrats in getting one of the best, if not the best, WRPG experiences

Hope you enjoy it.

@Rest

Sorry for not posting much here lately, I haven't been around in the forum much, since DQIX is taking up all of my free time this holidays. Probably the best JRPG I've played this gen, i'm at 80 hours and I still have at least half the game to complete XD.

Thanks, mjk45 recommended it to me BTW!

Can't wait to dive into it!

Give us your impressions once you play it then

Oh, and have you progressed further in DQIX? 

@mjk45

Thanks man  

I've finished DQIX!!

I give it 9/10 overall!

But I know you haven't finished it so I won't say a word about the plot, but its a very satisfying ending and it gets really epic near the end, thats all I'll say.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@mjk45

Hope you enjoy it.

@Rest

Sorry for not posting much here lately, I haven't been around in the forum much, since DQIX is taking up all of my free time this holidays. Probably the best JRPG I've played this gen, i'm at 80 hours and I still have at least half the game to complete XD.

@mjk45

Thanks man  

I've finished DQIX!!

I give it 9/10 overall!

But I know you haven't finished it so I won't say a word about the plot, but its a very satisfying ending and it gets really epic near the end, thats all I'll say.

You've finished it already? Did you only do the main quest?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@mjk45

Hope you enjoy it.

@Rest

@mjk45

Thanks man  

I've finished DQIX!!

I give it 9/10 overall!

Yup lol. 

In JRPG's I get into the story a lot so I usually just wanna finish it off to find out what happens. I did do quite a few side quests though!

But the Post Game stuff is pretty awesome, so I'll continue to play it a bit day to day!

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@mjk45

Hope you enjoy it.

@Rest

@mjk45

Thanks man  

I've finished DQIX!!

I give it 9/10 overall!

Yup lol. 

In JRPG's I get into the story a lot so I usually just wanna finish it off to find out what happens. I did do quite a few side quests though!

But the Post Game stuff is pretty awesome, so I'll continue to play it a bit day to day!

It's a shame that your DS cannot connect with your wireless router, otherwise we would do some quests together. My main character has 4 vocations over Lvl. 30 and has 100 in Sword, Shield and almost 100 in Bows. Plus, since i've been using alchemy a lot, I've got pretty awesome and rare gear now xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@mjk45

Hope you enjoy it.

@Rest

@mjk45

Thanks man  

I've finished DQIX!!

I give it 9/10 overall!

Yup lol. 

It's a shame that your DS cannot connect with your wireless router, otherwise we would do some quests together. My main character has 4 vocations over Lvl. 30 and has 100 in Sword, Shield and almost 100 in Bows. Plus, since i've been using alchemy a lot, I've got pretty awesome and rare gear now xD

I know it would've been so much fun!

But I have a Netgear one, and apparently its kind of an old model, I phoned up the netgear guys and said "This is unacceptable, when I buy products from you my expectations are that they work with all devices, and if they don't then it should be stated".

They just said its Nintendo's problem talk to them!

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@mjk45

Hope you enjoy it.

@Rest

@mjk45

Thanks man  

I've finished DQIX!!

I give it 9/10 overall!

Yup lol. 

I know it would've been so much fun!

But I have a Netgear one, and apparently its kind of an old model, I phoned up the netgear guys and said "This is unacceptable, when I buy products from you my expectations are that they work with all devices, and if they don't then it should be stated".

They just said its Nintendo's problem talk to them!

It's part Nintendo's problem, and your ISP problem as well. They should supply you with the latest router model that they have available. At least, here in Portugal, that's the law, otherwise, ISP can get in serious trouble if a customer sues them.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:

It's part Nintendo's problem, and your ISP problem as well. They should supply you with the latest router model that they have available. At least, here in Portugal, that's the law, otherwise, ISP can get in serious trouble if a customer sues them.

oh but I got that model knowing it wasn't their latest one in that range

But the DS came out in 2005 so I definetely expected it to be compatible with it, I mean the thought never crossed my mind that it wouldn't be compatible.

maybe the Wifi at Uni will work!

@Lestat, 80hrs and heaps left, was it just a matter of following the main path and doing quests  when they appeared or did it involve lots of back tracking.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:

oh but I got that model knowing it wasn't their latest one in that range

But the DS came out in 2005 so I definetely expected it to be compatible with it, I mean the thought never crossed my mind that it wouldn't be compatible.

maybe the Wifi at Uni will work!

Here with our ISP we get new models each year of contract, the most recent one we got allows up to 100 MB/s connection. 

I hope you get that sorted out with your university Wi-Fi

@mjk45

It involved a lot of back-tracking in search for reagents for alchemy, levelling up additional vocations, doing treasure grotto hunts to get the 2% rare drop of grotto bosses, and many other things

Current PC Build

@Darth did you buy the netgear router ,or was it part of the package from your isp if it was from your isp get them to replace it, my old router was an adsl model and i needed a new one when i  upgraded  to an adsl2 plan , i  paid outright for mine so i can take it any where with me but they would have given me one as part of the plan so your isp should to.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot