By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

Been playing NIER

Its actually "GOOD"

I mean right off the bat you have tons of exploration options, lots of side quests ready, a decent battle system, decent story with an outstanding soundtrack and lots of puzzles/minigames. I was surprised at the variety, you can do gardening, hunting, fishing (even though this ones "awkward"). 

But it feels really unpolished, the graphics are nothing to rave about. But the soundtrack is really awesome.

So I think its definitely worth £8 so far, and it has 4 different endings and a new game plus.

Should keep me busy for a while.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

@Darth , yes niers alright ,like you said a little rough around the edges but good variety i would give it 8/10.

@Robo ,depends i got playstation plus day one ,didn't dl LBP because i own it ,dl'd a few freebies ,this month i dl'd medievil for free so  my advice is if you dl off the network frequently and are looking for the occasional free game and cheaper add-on packs then yes,

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@mjk45, oh ok. will get it as soon as i get back from my vacation.

@darth, cool u like nier. i enjoyed it alot, will start playing it again soon.  

@ssen, cool . it seems playstation plus from what i am seeing is a sorta work in progress, hope they add some hard to find games on the downlist like : folklore.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

picked up a white ps3 today and will be picking up a copy of wkc2 soon as well.

Cool let us know how WKC2 is

Nice to know you enjoyed NIER

Fishing is really weird though

@darth, yes i will as soon as i get a copy of wkc2 i will message u my impressions. 

i hope nier gets a sequel at some point, this time though with more polish hopefully.

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@darth, yes i will as soon as i get a copy of wkc2 i will message u my impressions. 

i hope nier gets a sequel at some point, this time though with more polish hopefully.

I hope the story in Nier delivers, so far its meh.

I can't stop applauding the music though, NIER actually feels like an old skool JRPG, makes me nostalgic while playing it.

I wonder why it got such low reviews.

@darth, i tihnk it got low reviews and scores due to its graphics and also i dont think the ppl giving the reviews like old school sytle anymore or arent fans of the genre, just my opinion.

@Robo:  There has been a DEFINITE "lapse" in good reviews for JRPGs this gen (I would say biased against, but thats just mean :)  I completely agree with you on them not liking the genre as a whole (why have reviewers review a genre they do not like?) or they want something completely different.

@Ssenkah,Robo,i know what you mean but it works the other way as well, that is why i feel it is incumbent on gamers when looking at buying a game to do there research and treat reviews as a buying tool ,you shouldn't buy a game or make an opinion on it from one or 2 reviews , if you have been gaming a long time you should  know by now   a number of reviewers who tend to think in gaming terms like you do and have a high percentage of sending you on the right path , plus the good ones tend to be well versed in most genres and know what makes a game a good game ,also don't expect to agree even with the good ones all the time. preaching over

With game down loading here to stay , would you like to see PSN/LIVE ,have a section dedicated to the  DL games in respect of manuals and other retail stuff we miss out on and maybe for games like persona psp even guides.