By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@Ssenkah as to old xbox drives connecting to the arcade i wouldn't have a clue when you google using a usb hardrive with360S arcade all they seem to mention is saving your data via a usb transfer cable from one 360 to another or using a usb stick to back up your saves.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

@Ssenhkah , did a bit more research and it turns out that you  can't use an older 360 drive  because they have a new  HD configuration for the slims , and because the new config is also proprietary it still means no putting in a laptop drive, the arcade does have a HD bay if you want to pay the MS premium for one of theirs.

mjk45, How is Hazen finally? im returning to PC gaming next month because of FF14. Im building a new PC for the living room big screen.

Icyedge said:

mjk45, How is Hazen finally? im returning to PC gaming next month because of FF14. Im building a new PC for the living room big screen.

don't know yet haven't got it just mentioned it to see if any one else had, all i know is it is an arpg ,episodic under $10 and each episode has a self contained story.

DRAGON AGE ORIGINS SPOILERS!!!!!! (i know its late but there may still be people who havent finished the game yet)

So Hello fellow RPG gamers!

ive just recently finished Dragon Age and i just wanted to discuss a couple of things and see what you thought of the ending. But more precise the Morrigan part of the ending and the choice you have right at the end to either sleep with her to give her child a grey warden connection thus saving the grey wardens life if he delivers the final blow to the arch demon or you can decide not to sleep with her.

So i decided to sleep with her (even though my character was in love with leliana) so my grey warden didnt perish with the final blow to the archdemon. Could someone confirm that if you dont sleep with her does you grey warden perish? and if not then how did he manage to escape the grey wardens destiny?

Also we now have Dragon Age 2 being released in march next year (which im really hyped about) do you think that the choice you made at the end of dragon age involving Morrigan have her playing a part in this story? i think that it would make sense, i mean lets face it the archdemons soul has entered her new baby and not perished so theres every chance that the baby could be the start of a new blight. what are your thoughts on this?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
StokedUp said:
DRAGON AGE ORIGINS SPOILERS!!!!!! (i know its late but there may still be people who havent finished the game yet)

So Hello fellow RPG gamers!

ive just recently finished Dragon Age and i just wanted to discuss a couple of things and see what you thought of the ending. But more precise the Morrigan part of the ending and the choice you have right at the end to either sleep with her to give her child a grey warden connection thus saving the grey wardens life if he delivers the final blow to the arch demon or you can decide not to sleep with her.

So i decided to sleep with her (even though my character was in love with leliana) so my grey warden didnt perish with the final blow to the archdemon. Could someone confirm that if you dont sleep with her does you grey warden perish? and if not then how did he manage to escape the grey wardens destiny?

Also we now have Dragon Age 2 being released in march next year (which im really hyped about) do you think that the choice you made at the end of dragon age involving Morrigan have her playing a part in this story? i think that it would make sense, i mean lets face it the archdemons soul has entered her new baby and not perished so theres every chance that the baby could be the start of a new blight. what are your thoughts on this?

Ok for your first question there are 2 possibilities

1) You die

2) Allistar dies in your place

If you impregnate Morrigan, then yea she takes the archdemons soul into her (which she supposedly can keep alive).  Now she has a baby that is part Grey Warden, part Archdemon and part Witch, bad ass combo isnt it? 

As for your second question probably:

They never went back to the Morrigan story line (Awakening is great, but features nothing of significance as far as Morrigan is concerened).  I do not think there will be another blight this quickly tho, it will be something else.  It took the last blight hundred of years to come around, but this time things are much different.  The darkspawn were desimatted during the last Blight and the child will (probably) grow normally. 

There will be no waiting for the next blight, the child will be fully adult in 18 years (not enough time for a full blight with enough darkspawn).  Im thinking it will all be very different than a blight, but still including Morrigan and her son/daughter.  Also, Morrigan will be much more powerful now, having read and learned all of Flemeths secrets.

@everybody ,that's the problem with numerous choices /endings  what do you as a developer do if you make a second game.  (1) ignore everything and create a new scenario or use a different time line (2) pick out the ending that most people went for  on the forums ,thus making every one else's decisions moot. (3) runaway

@Ssenkah, just got yggdra union ,seeing it's made by sting have you got it .

@ssen, just buy 2 16gig usb memory sticks for a total of 32gig for your 360s arcade. since u have 4gig flash memory already in the system, use the usb memory sticks. no hdd needed for your needs that u mentioned. and enjoy my friend

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@Robo: I have 32gig memory sticks 4 USB external laptop harddrives (ranging from 120gig - 320gig).  All of that work?  

@Mjk45:  I have Yggdra Union but I have not played it yet and I agree with you on the way most WRPGs end.  No reason for games with this many endings (that are COMPLETELY different) to have follow up games.  You either have to stick with one and only one of the endings or ignore all of them.  ME2 tried very hard to function as a second game and it did a pretty damn good job of it.  Another WRPG that did a good job was KOTOR.  Keeping the games that far apart (time wise and story wise) allowed for the full game played as the General (and most of it made sense).