By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@robo

Myst is one of my favourite games of all time. I've beaten the PC, Saturn and PSP version (PSP version was a bit on the slowish side, in terms of animation and scene transition). The Mechanical Age and the Sound Age are amazing

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

While I love me some Homeworld, it is not a game for everyone Im afraid. 

Tho knowing you Robo, you might enjoy:

Sacrifice

More than most other games that we could tell you to play.

And I know you like First Person Dungeon Crawlers, so it is worth it to give:

Any of the Wziardry games

a shot.

@Robo ,heres some , like i said before Arcanum, Vampire the masquerade :bloodlines, Wizardry 8 , Anachronox ,the wheel of time, may be silverfall as we have mentioned before Planescape torment, Gothic 3 and the games Lestat & Ssenkah listed.

NON- RPG GAMES  ,Crysis ,the orange box pc if you haven't played it ,No one lives forever, Jedi Knight II Jedi outcast ,Jedi Knight Jedi Academy System shock 2 ,Freedom force ,Freedom force the 3rd reich ,Dawn of War ,Dawn of War Winter assault, Dawn of War Soulstorm, Dawn of War 2 , Rome Total War:Gold edition,Age of Mythology ,AoM titans,World in Conflict ,Rise of Nations

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@Robo , forgot another game you might like to look at even though its no longer supported online is Hell Gate London i didn't mind it just couldn't stand its brain dead  npc's who not only spoke in a cornish country yokel idiot accent  but acted like it  as well it really spoilt a not to bad game

@mjk45 and @ssen, will check them out tomorrow, going to my friends store to buy some more games. i will get maybe around 7 of the games u guys mentioned, not sure which ones. but i will let u all know, thanks for the advice and suggestions.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

@everyone did anyone ever try that disk where u could play your playstation 1 games on the dreamcast ?  it smoothed out and improved the resolution of the games, sorry i cant remember the name of the company that released it, but i remember that gran turismo was on the cover of the disk.

i tried it a few times to play my ps1 rpgs on the dreamcast at a higher resolution and improved graphics.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@everyone did anyone ever try that disk where u could play your playstation 1 games on the dreamcast ?  it smoothed out and improved the resolution of the games, sorry i cant remember the name of the company that released it, but i remember that gran turismo was on the cover of the disk.

i tried it a few times to play my ps1 rpgs on the dreamcast at a higher resolution and improved graphics.

Wasn't that the Bleemcast? I had the Metal Gear Solid one. I believe it was only made for three different PSX games. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@Robo your welcome ,and if you want any of the games i mentioned and can't find them let me know and i will post it to you ,that goes for lestat and Ssenkah to if they are interested in any games.

yeh . i remember it created quite a stir at the time, until they went bankrupt  fighting Sony  even though Sony never won a case.

@lestatdark, thats it. i know the pc version could play a good amount of them, guess i got that mixed up.