By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@mjk45: After this training is over (if it goes well) I will be a PG Level 2(Professional Geologist)  In my state (North Carolina) the PG is set in 3 pieces.  I have already passed the first part (exam format, written questions) and this is the practical portion. 

If all goes well I will be starting my PHD next spring (with a bunch of credits already under my belt by having the PG done)

Around the Network

@Ssenkah ,good luck, in finding all that unobtanium.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@mjk45: Yep on all accounts.

@ssen, good luck with your training man. :)

just bought d2 today at walmart, also bought titan quest for my wife.  these are 2 of the 3 pc games i have bought this month, 1st time i have bought pc games in over 6 years.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@ssen, good luck with your training man. :)

just bought d2 today at walmart, also bought titan quest for my wife.  these are 2 of the 3 pc games i have bought this month, 1st time i have bought pc games in over 6 years.

Nice, I hope you have fun with both D2 and Titan Quest. Titan Quest quickly rose to be my favourite Diablo clone game, especially with the expansion, Immoral Throne. When you reach Legendary difficulty, the game actually adds you new challenges and bosses

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@lestatdark, thanks. any tips for titan quest for me ?

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@lestatdark, thanks. any tips for titan quest for me ?

Well, in Titan's Quest you don't actually start as a class. Every character starts the same (you have a very bare bones customization prior to the start) and then, when you level up, you can get a Talent specialization.
Once you choose any talent, which range from Warfare, Defense, Rogue, Hunting, Earth, Storm, Nature and Spirit (the first four being physical focused and the last four being magical focused), you can access that particular talent tree.

Each talent tree requires that you invest some points in the Tree level (which goes all the way to 30), before you can access the aforementioned talent tree skills. These points are shared between the Tree level and the skills, and you get 2 points per level up. 

After you reach level 8, you can pick another Talent specialization too, and the combination of the two Talents that you choose (one from the beginning and the one from level 8), will dictate your final class and how focused you'll character will be.

My favourite class is Warfare/Rogue (Assasin class) combination. Warfare gives you tons of melee attacks and Strength Vitality points, which will give you quite a lot of HP and the ability to equip any armour and weapon that you find. Rogue class focuses on upgrading the lethality of your attacks (by giving them poison, improved critical strike, chance for x4 damage and so on). 

Bear in mind that most abilities in the physical classes don't require much MP to use. Instead, they have an certain uptake MP requirement (meaning that you'll have to permanently uphold an X amount of MP from your total MP pool for them to work). So while you won't be consuming that much MP per attack, you'll need to have an healthy amount of MP in order to keep with the upkeep requirements. 

Other than that, Titan's Quest plays like Diablo in pretty much every other element. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark, thanks very much for the info and heads up about the game. just orderd risen for the pc , my wife is playing the 360 version now.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@lestatdark, thanks very much for the info and heads up about the game. just orderd risen for the pc , my wife is playing the 360 version now.

You're welcome Is Risen (PC version) good? How's its gameplay?

Current PC Build

@Robo ,you mentioned that you got Titan Quest was it the Gold edition that includes immortal throne or was it just Titans quest , the reason I'm asking is if you haven't got the Immortal throne expansion get it quick as it enlarges your inventory and adds auto sort  to it as well as other fixes,plus you also get another chapter that i won't name it really makes the game better from the very start.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot