By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@Lestat, Geoff Crammond , now there's a name ,stunt car racer on the amiga loved that game and i became so good at it i could deliberately crash the buggy of the course wait to be craned back on and still win on any level,  It was a sad day when lost toys closed and the new stunt car racer game was cancelled,then we come to grand prix i loved GP4 although some swear by  GP2 once met a really weird guy real smart but strange and he kept an old pc that he played with and  GP2 was  the only thing on it and he also had a modern pc that he never used for gaming , i believe Sir Geoff has the mags used to call him, background (he's got a physics degree) was his secret to making great racing games

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

@Robo ,shivers never heard of it , i knew you where a leasure suit larry fan when i saw the latest one on your trophy list, i don't know about you guys but i tend to now think of this thread as a place that i can discuss all  gaming related issues  and other stuff with like minded individuals not just rpg's, and when it comes to sierra games Ssenkah's our man

@mjk45, i agree with u on that about the thread. even though its intended for anything and everything about the rpg genre, i dont mind talking about other things with u guys and a few others, because like u said talking too like minded ppl. this site definitely has brought me some of the best gaming friends i have had the pleasure of talking too. :)

shivers is a point and click game where u have to solve puzzles around a mansion and figure out what is causing the weird sounds,things breaking and such.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

mjk45 said:

@Lestat, Geoff Crammond , now there's a name ,stunt car racer on the amiga loved that game and i became so good at it i could deliberately crash the buggy of the course wait to be craned back on and still win on any level,  It was a sad day when lost toys closed and the new stunt car racer game was cancelled,then we come to grand prix i loved GP4 although some swear by  GP2 once met a really weird guy real smart but strange and he kept an old pc that he played with and  GP2 was  the only thing on it and he also had a modern pc that he never used for gaming , i believe Sir Geoff has the mags used to call him, background (he's got a physics degree) was his secret to making great racing games

Well, to me, GP2 is still my favourite F1 simulator I participated on online championships until 2005, but they're still raging on. I tried both GP3 and GP4, but neither got me hooked as GP2 did, although GP4 approached similar simulation levels as GP2. 

Main driving point between both was the huge amount of mods that GP2 allowed, while it's still very limited for GP4. I recreated all the F1 Seasons through 1966 - 1994 due exclusively to mods. 

Also, I want to thank Robo for allowing us to use his thread to speak also about all things gaming related, even though it's a bit off-topic  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@Mjk45: My sig has meaning!  DosBox = one of the greatest feats of modern programming ever conceived.  Sierra SirTech = good ol' times.  

Any of you big Homeworld Fans?  I just finished Homeworld 1 and started up HW Cata earlier today.  To this day, this series is still in my TOP 3 of all time.

Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:

@Mjk45: My sig has meaning!  DosBox = one of the greatest feats of modern programming ever conceived.  Sierra SirTech = good ol' times.  

Any of you big Homeworld Fans?  I just finished Homeworld 1 and started up HW Cata earlier today.  To this day, this series is still in my TOP 3 of all time.

I enjoyed the series, especially since it implemented, extremely well, a fully dynamic 3D (the added Z layer and 360º movement through it) RTS structure, which added a whole new level of complexity. In the original homeworld, I finished both the campaigns, the Kushans and the Taiidan, but in Homeworld 2 I only did one of them. And if i'm not mistaken, in Homeworld 2, the Kushans had their name changed, as they became the canon ending for Homeworld.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@Lesta: Did you never play Cataclysm?  It is without a doubt my favorite of the bunch.  THE BEAST!  I find it hard to remember any game that pumped me up more than hearing, "This is the deep space mining vessel Kuun-Lan" becomming "This is the Kushan Warship Kuun-Lan"

The Kushans split into "clans" called Kiith in Homeworld Cataclysm.  In Homeworld 2, they became to call themselves Hiigarans (after Hiigara, the planet they were going too)

@robo ,have you preordered FF XIV now that SE are taking preorders

@mjk45, do u mean = ff14:online perhaps ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

been cleaning out the shed out went 8 barrow loads of game magazines stored there,game pro,Australian opm from issue 1 right up to the time the cover discs dried up with the ps3,psm,egm ,egm2 , one of my favourites,game fan,

and a couple of local mags hyper Australia's leading  all formats mag and pc powerplay they made up the bulk with the rest being to many to name, i found it hard not to look through them to much when i was throwing them out so many memorys.