By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@darth, welcome

its like oblivion, the game has alot of quests and its open-ended as well. u have too block more often in risen then u did in oblivion. u can harvest a ton of items and create spells,potions and work with weapons. u can kill anyone but be prepared to face the penalty for doing so. a ton of different enemies to keep u busy, i think its a decent game that is worth the time if u give it a try. like i said i put over 50hrs into the game and enjoyed every minute of it. u can also choose in the game wether to join 2 different factions and if u choose the magic side u can learn to hover on the ground and cast a variety or magic spells or u can choose to be a fighter with the don's group.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@darth, welcome

its like oblivion, the game has alot of quests and its open-ended as well. u have too block more often in risen then u did in oblivion. u can harvest a ton of items and create spells,potions and work with weapons. u can kill anyone but be prepared to face the penalty for doing so. a ton of different enemies to keep u busy, i think its a decent game that is worth the time if u give it a try. like i said i put over 50hrs into the game and enjoyed every minute of it. u can also choose in the game wether to join 2 different factions and if u choose the magic side u can learn to hover on the ground and cast a variety or magic spells or u can choose to be a fighter with the don's group.

Sounds really good, I'll probably get it you;'ve convinced me!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Great to hear that you're staying Robo. You're the heart and soul of the RPG thread, it just wouldn't be the same without you around

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@Robo:  Good to hear.  As far as PSP reviews go, go for it!  We need more "RPG" people reviewing RPGs around here... I swear this gen has had a hard-on bias for JRPGs regardless of system.  

I never understood the concept of having people who do not like a genre reviewing that genre.  Obviously the games are not meant for them, so why do it in the first place?  That would be like having me review console shooters.  It just would not end to well.

@Robo ,go for it,review ,review ,review , one word of advice ,because you are knowledgeable on rpg's it will be from the perspective of one who knows his subject, but you have to guard against over enthusiastic review scores based on that deep seated love,  IE giving a game 9.5 when reality says its  a 8, just because you love the genre so much, apart from that you'll be great

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

@Lestat,I blame it on the split nature of 3.0,before things  where more up front ,  it was like a big family a big squabbling family with plenty of sibling rivalry ,  also  apart from a minority there was some respect  with behaviour ruled over by big brothers and sisters , but now it like your over there in your separate cage so do what you want it doesn't reflect the rest of the site its this mentality, that may have contributed to this decline  ,plus as Darth pointed out the loss of long term users

Is anyone going to get Persona 3 Portable? I've been thinking of making an official thread, so we can discuss the game, along with the SMT/Persona series. It would make a great swan song.

@mjk45, @lestatdark,@darth,@ssenkahdavic, i will review all psp rpg's in a very fair manner and wont give a game a score it doesnt deserve. because i want my reviews to be well respected and like my fans of the genre. :)

and thanks for u guys believing in me and i apprecaite it very much.   /bow

@mirson, yes i am getting persona 3 portable. i started a psp rpg thread if u wana talk about those games in their.

@Mirson ,yes to all