By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

i picked up a new copy of parasite eve and vagrant story today for $30 , still going to download them if the states psn , ever catches up to the japan one.

No offense, but why in the hell would you buy them on PSN if you own them and can play them in the same exact quality already with your retail discs?

It is not like SE is ever going to make that VS sequel we all yearned for ever since they left the ending wide open.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

i picked up a new copy of parasite eve and vagrant story today for $30 , still going to download them if the states psn , ever catches up to the japan one.

No offense, but why in the hell would you buy them on PSN if you own them and can play them in the same exact quality already with your retail discs?

It is not like SE is ever going to make that VS sequel we all yearned for ever since they left the ending wide open.

PSP dude.  Why I re-buy all of my PS1 games that come out on the PSN.  Cannot remember the last PS1 game I played in my PS3, but I play a good bit of them on the PSP.  The small screen helps them age better too :)

Ssenkahdavic said:
Euphoria14 said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

PSP dude.  Why I re-buy all of my PS1 games that come out on the PSN.  Cannot remember the last PS1 game I played in my PS3, but I play a good bit of them on the PSP.  The small screen helps them age better too :)

I guess that is a good reason.

The reason I guess I don't think of that is because I have a modded PSP so I can play my retail PS1 on PSP with a simple program that makes the disc images into readable files. I have always though this feature should be available because I don't want to repurchase something I already own, unless it is special circumstances.

Anyways, he always would have the option of remote play, which will just stream the PS1 game to the PSP.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Euphoria14 said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

The reason I guess I don't think of that is because I have a modded PSP so I can play my retail PS1 on PSP with a simple program that makes the disc images into readable files. I have always though this feature should be available because I don't want to repurchase something I already own, unless it is special circumstances.

Anyways, he always would have the option of remote play, which will just stream the PS1 game to the PSP.

I have a modded 2k as well.  I still buy all PS1 classics that I play from the PSN if they are available.  The modding is for those games not released emulators (NES, SNES, etc).  

I have tried remote play plenty of times and never had it work exactly as it should.  While it is definitely better than nothing (and does not render the game unplayable) I would rather pay the $10 than play the game with extra lag having to have my Ps3 on.  Personal preference I guess. 

Ssenkahdavic said:
Euphoria14 said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Euphoria14 said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

I have a modded 2k as well.  I still buy all PS1 classics that I play from the PSN if they are available.  The modding is for those games not released emulators (NES, SNES, etc).  

I have tried remote play plenty of times and never had it work exactly as it should.  While it is definitely better than nothing (and does not render the game unplayable) I would rather pay the $10 than play the game with extra lag having to have my Ps3 on.  Personal preference I guess. 

Definitely.

Currently playing:

Around the Network

@ssenkahdavic, have u downloaded vandal hearts judgement on psn ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@euphoria14, have u created any interesting characters in 3d dot game heroes yet ? and if so, what ?

If anyone here has a DS, I seriously recommend getting Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. As you probably know, i'm a major fan of Demon's Souls, but Ecclesia puts Demon's Soul difficulty to shame most of the times.

Especially if you do the Hard Mode Lvl.1 cap. It's up there in difficulty with Ghouls and Goblins and Battletoads. Made me want to throw the DS out of the window more than a couple of times and almost broke the L and R triggers with all the back-flips, dashing and glyph changing you have to do in a blink of an eye XD 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark, really its that tough?

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

@lestatdark, really its that tough?

Even with all the best gear you can get from the Normal Mode (best armour, glyphs and accessories), even the crappiest enemy, the Bat, can hit you for over 70 damage. When you have at best 400 HP, you can begin to see how the difficult amounts. 

Not only that, enemies move much faster, have insane new movement patterns, and petrifying medusa heads can appear in some vertical stages which means instant death if you get hit by one (over 150 damage, and when you're petryfied, you get hit for double damage).

Bosses are absurdly difficult, since they all hit for above 150 (Dracula in the end does almost 300 per hit), and their entire moveset is enhanced (especially starting from the fourth boss). Some of the toughest normal bosses are even tougher. 

I'll use one of the final bosses, Blackmore, as an example. He usually did a low punch that could easily be dodged by double jumping, on normal. Then when he was almost dying, he would do a one-two punch (low punch, high punch, low punch), which was a bit more difficult to dodge, but he had an animation which prepared you for it.

On Hard, the one-two punch is his most used move, which he has upgraded to five consecutive punches, which on top of that, he can cast meteors who do over 250 damage, while mid-punch xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"