By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@Robo. I thought I read it would be up this week.  I have not checked yet but Im guessing you have and it is not...  Well that sucks.  I just finished Riviera: The Promised Land on my PSP and was looking forward to playing FF IX.

Around the Network

@Ssenka, how did you find Riviera ,i have played a little of it on my psp .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@mjk45:  I enjoyed it.  Its a very relaxing RPG.  Its like a MUD (Multi-User-Dungeon) but with graphics.  You move up/down/left/right and look at things to interact with them.  I liked how each character basically leveled up and that you could go into practice mode.

Definitely nothing special, but I found it well worth my time.

@ Ssenkah, MUD wow that is old school ,but i know what you mean .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

RPGs are probably my favourite genre, here are my top 10:

10. Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

9. Secret of Mana

8. Final Fantasy V

7. Super Mario RPG

6. Final Fantasy IV

5. Tales of Symphonia

4. Skies of Arcadia

3. Ogre Battle 64

2. Chrono Trigger

1. Final Fantasy VI

Around the Network

@mjk45, i think i will get it on friday and maybe get borderlands as well.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@ssenkahdavic, in terms on your question for my eternal sonata party. i mainly use : allgretto,viola and fran.

Hey robo check out the new Last Story scans in the nintendo forum

the game looks amazing!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

does anyone know if parasite eve is coming to psn, my copy got damaged by my ps2. so i need a new copy, i could get a copy from my friends store and i will most likely at some point, but till then i would like to download it on my ps3, any info on this would be apprecaited.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

does anyone know if parasite eve is coming to psn, my copy got damaged by my ps2. so i need a new copy, i could get a copy from my friends store and i will most likely at some point, but till then i would like to download it on my ps3, any info on this would be apprecaited.

There isn't any info yet about a PE relaunch on the PSN. It would awesome if S-E did that though. Since they already did it for Vagrant Story, a PE PSN version isn't out of the question

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"