By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

^ Part of me is envious of you right because you missed out on a lot of those PS1 RPGs. You have yet to experience games like Xenogears (WHY NOT GET THAT FIRST?!!!!!!), Grandia, FFVII, VIII, IX (if you have not played them yet), Lunar 1 & 2, etc...

So many great games for you to now experience and it makes me jealous because all I have o sift through is the borderline JRPG trash we have been getting since this gen began.

Yes I said it, JRPG's have sucked lately. Although I have yet to start Valkyria Chronicles yet and have only started The Last Remnant and must admit the battle system is sweet, I love shit like that.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I am glad someone made this thread. ROBOTECHHEAVEN is my new Hero.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

i'm thinking of buying Kingdom Hearts for the Ps2, does it still worth it?

*finally a nice thread, much better than Wii-attacking threads....

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Euphoria14 said:
^ Part of me is envious of you right because you missed out on a lot of those PS1 RPGs. You have yet to experience games like Xenogears (WHY NOT GET THAT FIRST?!!!!!!), Grandia, FFVII, VIII, IX (if you have not played them yet), Lunar 1 & 2, etc...

So many great games for you to now experience and it makes me jealous because all I have o sift through is the borderline JRPG trash we have been getting since this gen began.

Yes I said it, JRPG's have sucked lately. Although I have yet to start Valkyria Chronicles yet and have only started The Last Remnant and must admit the battle system is sweet, I love shit like that.

See my collection for all my JRPG's. The list is quite short, but I'm just warming up.

-Btw, I do have Xenogears (not too deep in - time constraints, army service soon), and FF VII-IX, plus SNES FF rereleases. Next I want Lunar, Legend of Dragoon, Grandia, Saga Frontier, Tales of PS1 games...

^ Of course it is worth it. I loved both of those games.

Do you only own a Wii? If so, you will be very upset if it doesn't wind up going there.

Currently playing:

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
I am glad someone made this thread. ROBOTECHHEAVEN is my new Hero.

Hell yeah!

@Xen

YOU ARE AWESOME!

All I needed to see what that one game, "SaGa Frontier" located within your list. Now your list is truly AAA status. One of my all time favorite games, Asellus being my favorite character. Check the avatar. FanArt yeah!!!

Currently playing:

Enjoy the hell out of that game and it's 67 Meta score.

Currently playing:

Meta Scores.. reviews... they don't really work with JRPG's. I saw some SaGa Frontier videos on youtube. The game clicked with me, I'll be nabbing it for sure.

SaGa frontier game is one of the best RPG's i've played for the PS1 ;) the main problem with it was that it was released almost at the same time with the titanic FFVII and reviewers got harsh in it because of it's more traditional based game play. It's like bashing a DQ game just because it mantains it's old school RPG feeling.

Also ROBOTECHHEAVEN is my new hero too :D

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"