By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

RE: Alpha Protocol , i thought about it and will give it a whirl tonight and let you know how it feels i wont have played enough to be definitive in yes or no terms and bearing in mind it will be my subjective thoughts so don't rely to much on me as taste is personal.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Cool atleast we'll know your first impressions though!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@darth, alpha protcol is a gimped version of mass effect series. its good and all, but it plays almost identical to the mass effect series, so if u like them . u will like the game. hope that helps u out.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@darth, alpha protcol is a gimped version of mass effect series. its good and all, but it plays almost identical to the mass effect series, so if u like them . u will like the game. hope that helps u out.

You see, I don't have an Xbox or a good gaming pc so I've never played a mass effec game. I was actually hoping that alpha protocol would satisfy my need for a game like that.

@ People about Alpha Protocol. From what I have seen, Alpha Protocol looks like a cross between Mass Effect and Jade Empire (with guns).  EDIT: that probably does not make any sense to anyone, but It does to me for some reason. 

Sucks none of our stores around here "break" street dates.

Around the Network
maxxpower said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

You see, I don't have an Xbox or a good gaming pc so I've never played a mass effec game. I was actually hoping that alpha protocol would satisfy my need for a game like that.

Wow if that's the case you need to find a friend with a 360 or decent pc and play it on their system.  In my opinion the Mass Effect series along with the Uncharted series are two of the best ips created this gen that everyone should find a way to play no matter what genre preference they have and what systems they own.

lostintheodyssey said:
maxxpower said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

Wow if that's the case you need to find a friend with a 360 or decent pc and play it on their system.  In my opinion the Mass Effect series along with the Uncharted series are two of the best ips created this gen that everyone should find a way to play no matter what genre preference they have and what systems they own.

You know, I might just buy an Xbox just to play the mass effect games, but only if Kingdom Under fire 2 is ever released.

Any of you guys played the Tales of Symphonia sequel on the Wii? I heard it's not that great though it did get some 8's. Also anyone know why Tales of the Abyss is so expensive?

maxxpower said:

Any of you guys played the Tales of Symphonia sequel on the Wii? I heard it's not that great though it did get some 8's. Also anyone know why Tales of the Abyss is so expensive?

Abyss never had to big of a shipment, so it is rare (and thus expensive).  Atlus had the same problem (at one point I sold SMT: Nocturne on Ebay for $180), but they reprinted a bunch of their older games and put them on Amazon (through other companies and such).

Abyss was a great game too.

@ssenkahdavic, guess what i have a copy of : alpha protocol. got it already, my friends store broke the street date. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1