By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@mjk45, i know. lufia , i just got the game from a friend, never really played it. is it any good ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

@Robo, anything lufia is definitely Lestats domain,  but i think I'm right but stand to be corrected, that despite lufia being a top game lufia 2 is  one of the brightest  Jewels in the rpg crown.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@mjk45, i know. lufia , i just got the game from a friend, never really played it. is it any good ?

You got the first or the second Lufia, robo?

Like mjk45 said, the second Lufia is pretty much the best Lufia game ever released (and my favourite game of all time). Not only did it enhance what the first game had shown already, it gave the whole Lufia universe a whole new dimension.

Acting as a prequel to the first one, Lufia II explained every single thing that was left veiled and clouded on the first game. Especially the whole reason behind the Sinistrals, one of the best entities ever concieved.

The remake probably won't do it any justice, since it's going to be a whole different approach to the story. It's more like Maxim and Selen vs Gades alone from what has been currently shown, discarding every notion of the Sinistrals, the Fortress of Doom and the Dual Blades. Also, the action-rpg focus that it's going to take, left me with some doubts.

In the end, it's Lufia. I'm going to get it and play it right from the first day, because it will be awesome (at least to me

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@mjk45, oh ok. might have to check it out then

@lestatdark, its lufia 1. i can get lufia 2 tomorrow if i want it, my friend owes me some money so i could get it, should i then ? when is the remake coming then ?

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@lestatdark, its lufia 1. i can get lufia 2 tomorrow if i want it, my friend owes me some money so i could get it, should i then ? when is the remake coming then ?

The remake's probably coming out only next year. Hopefully a 2010 release is possible, it's all up to Square-Enix.

You should get Lufia 2. Bear in mind that being the prequel of Lufia 1, you'll only understand the full story after you play Lufia 2. But just for comparison sake, play Lufia 1 first and then play Lufia 2. It's like night and day. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark, oh ok . thanks i respect your opinion alot in this genre, because u care about it like i do. so i will get lufia 2 tomorrow, and if i need any help i will ask u for advice. :)

Went to pick up 3D dot heroes but i didn't have time to go to the game store i usual buy from so i went to a large electronics and department store nearer to home that i use when I'm in a hurry and guess what when they made the order it was overlooked and since i won't be near my usual store for a while i ordered it through them , but still i have a few days to wait ,in the meantime i ended up getting Mod Nation Racers ,Alan wake a 16 gig psp memory stick and lastly because it was 75% off the conduit

@mjk45, nice. btw let me know what u think of : mod nation racers, because if u like it i will get it as well. looks like it will be fun, but i wana hear a friends opinion on it 1st and just like lestatdark, i respect your opinion on games. also u will like the conduit, i did anyways. it is a nice attempt at the genre on the wii and from the looks of it the sequel will be alot better than the 1st game.

@Robo , regarding modnation , i haven't played much of it just a few races and checked out the hub where all the features are ,it has great potential lots of customisation and community features i like it ,but the loading times could be  better when i first played it was like molasses,seemed better today still about 30sec or so,probably something to do with having to look for and load custom cars tracks etc , i also think games with loading time issues should look at disguising it better by providing something of interest on screen, in the case of mod nations, lots of post race stats etc  interesting game info  etc  on screen while the  loading occurs , back to the game as a game  so far so good  , how it pans out overtime who knows , but if you like Kart racers and want one on the ps3 i would say this is it.