By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i am excited for parasite eve 3, i just hope it gets up-ported to the ps3 after awhile.

That would be a dream come true. For years since the release of Parasite Eve 2, there were rumors of a Parasite Eve Rebirth game for the PS2 which were never materialized. 

An HD Parasite Eve would be something to trully behold  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

@lestatdark, i think if parasite eve 3rd birthday. sells like square-enix wants too, then the chance of a ps3 version i think are slim, however if the psp game doesnt sell well enough, then a ps3 version might get green light to help recoup costs.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

@lestatdark, a hd version of dark cloud,lod,parasite eve,dragon quest,alundra would make me very happy. :)

count me in

@marcusdjackson, on what ?

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@lestatdark, a hd version of dark cloud,lod,parasite eve,dragon quest,alundra would make me very happy. :)

That would be too good to be true xD 

But alas, Dragon Quest should remain Nintendo exclusive for a long time now, especially if DQX does well on the Wii. Now a HD version of Dark Cloud and LoD would be very feasible.

Alundra would be pretty awesome in HD, but seeing that Matrix Software is currently more focused on co-developing primarly for the DS, I think that would be a very long shot  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

@lestatdark, very true.

I,think the production costs for HD is whats turning off a lot of rpg makers,especially jrpg makers and japan being a mainly hand held region now its a big risk to bring new IPs to PS360,History tells us that apart from the big hitters FF,DQ etc very few games make big numbers in the west, and that's the HD market,Secondly older jrpg IPs seem tailor made for the handheld's and to a degree Wii, because the architecture is fairly similar to what the originals first ran on.
I know that a lot of what I've stated can be said for todays games as a whole but the on going divergence of the Japanese and Western markets, impacts Jrpgs more so than most other genres from a western sales point,
What do you guys think.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@mjk45, u are right. sad that it is like that though, the only exception i found for this gen in terms on jrpg on console in the west was "lost odyssey", sold alot better than i would have thought possible. i think though what also is hurting jrpg's outside japan, also is that some are departing too much from what ppl loved about a certain series. trying to grow its fanbase to ppl who havent played the series is dangerous because it can alienate the core audience that grew the series in the 1st place , i am all for growing the fanbase but i think better marketing and of course the right publisher can make all the difference as well. i just wish the dev's would focus more on story/gameplay and content, then graphics and gimicks. then i think a new jrpg ip could succeed in the west and japan as well.

@robo

I want The Last Story to be the new JRPg IP success of the generation. Do you think it could happen?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey