By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@lostintheodyssey, i agree. i wish they would buy level5 so that problem would be fixed.

That would make sense level 5 along with atlus are the few jrpg developers that still seem to have a good relationship with sony.  But still even without purchasing level 5 Sony has a lot of good ip's that they own and they are letting them go to waste Wild Arms, Legend of Dragoon, Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, Jeanne d' Arc etc.  It seems like sony is willing to bring their old ip's back on the ps3 ratchet, warhawk, wipeout, socom, gran turismo etc except when it comes to rpgs and I just don't understand why.

Around the Network
lostintheodyssey said:
lestatdark said:
lostintheodyssey said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
who else is going to download ff9 when it appears on psn in the states ?

Seeing as how I already have ff7 and ff8 I have no choice but to complete the collection on my psp.  I hope square enix decides to release parasite eve 1 and 2 on psn too.  I would like to have the chance to go through them again before they release the 3rd birthday.

Another Parasite Eve fan?  

Parasite Eve 1 is my second favourite game of all time. I've probably played through it more times than almost all of the games i've played this gen combined XD

Currently i'm doing the last levels of Chrysler building again.

Parasite Eve 2 was a good game too, but it dissapointed me a lot, mainly because it tried to be a RE clone in terms of gameplay and how the survival-horror theme was implemented on it. 

Yep I'm a parasite eve fan.  I beat the 1st one on the ps1 back in the day and I thought it deserved just as much praise as the ps1 final fantasy titles. The original parasite eve is extremely under rated in my opinion.  I played a little bit of the second one but I didn't get far because the dreamcast had recently came out so that took all of my attention away from the game and I never got back to it.  The dreamcast is also the reason why I never bought and beat ff9 so I am looking forward to it being released on psn so I can finally play it.

I agree with you about Parasite Eve being extremely under rated. It was by far one of the best jRPGs that Squaresoft launched in those days. Heck, it created an entire gameplay system that games like Vagrant Story assimilated xD

Hope that you enjoy FF9 when it launches on PSN, although it's not amongst my favourite FFs, the classical feeling that it has makes it worth playing  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
lostintheodyssey said:
lestatdark said:
lostintheodyssey said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
who else is going to download ff9 when it appears on psn in the states ?

Seeing as how I already have ff7 and ff8 I have no choice but to complete the collection on my psp.  I hope square enix decides to release parasite eve 1 and 2 on psn too.  I would like to have the chance to go through them again before they release the 3rd birthday.

Another Parasite Eve fan?  

Parasite Eve 1 is my second favourite game of all time. I've probably played through it more times than almost all of the games i've played this gen combined XD

Currently i'm doing the last levels of Chrysler building again.

Parasite Eve 2 was a good game too, but it dissapointed me a lot, mainly because it tried to be a RE clone in terms of gameplay and how the survival-horror theme was implemented on it. 

Yep I'm a parasite eve fan.  I beat the 1st one on the ps1 back in the day and I thought it deserved just as much praise as the ps1 final fantasy titles. The original parasite eve is extremely under rated in my opinion.  I played a little bit of the second one but I didn't get far because the dreamcast had recently came out so that took all of my attention away from the game and I never got back to it.  The dreamcast is also the reason why I never bought and beat ff9 so I am looking forward to it being released on psn so I can finally play it.

I agree with you about Parasite Eve being extremely under rated. It was by far one of the best jRPGs that Squaresoft launched in those days. Heck, it created an entire gameplay system that games like Vagrant Story assimilated xD

Hope that you enjoy FF9 when it launches on PSN, although it's not amongst my favourite FFs, the classical feeling that it has makes it worth playing  

Thanks and I am sure that I will enjoy ff9 the only question I ever have when playing a final fantasy game is how good is it going to be  I've never played a bad one.  But I already have a feeling its not going to be one of my favorite ones because I liked the more realistic characters and mature approach to story telling that its predecessor and successor took ff8 and ff10 respectively.  Final Fantasy 9 always seemed like it was more of a light hearted adventure to me I guess I will find out if I'm right soon. 

lostintheodyssey said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@lostintheodyssey, i agree. i wish they would buy level5 so that problem would be fixed.

That would make sense level 5 along with atlus are the few jrpg developers that still seem to have a good relationship with sony.  But still even without purchasing level 5 Sony has a lot of good ip's that they own and they are letting them go to waste Wild Arms, Legend of Dragoon, Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, Jeanne d' Arc etc.  It seems like sony is willing to bring their old ip's back on the ps3 ratchet, warhawk, wipeout, socom, gran turismo etc except when it comes to rpgs and I just don't understand why.

I agree, if Sony bought Level5 all would be right with their RPG, specifically JRPG's, catalogue. They have the rights but they actually need to use them, Dark Cloud (replaying the first one right now!!), Rogue Galaxy and of course Legend of Dragoon. I have wanted a Dark CLoud 3 for longer than i can remember, trying to find a copy of Dark Cloud 2 that isn't like £30 but no luck yet :/

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

@mitsuhide, too bad u dont live near me. because i could get u a copy of dark cloud 2 for around $10 or less.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@mitsuhide, too bad u dont live near me. because i could get u a copy of dark cloud 2 for around $10 or less.

wow thats cheap :-O its all good now, i just ordered a copy for £11, used from amazon.co.uk which was quite good seeing as a new one now costs £39! i was actually looking for grandia 2 and 3 but that came up on recently searched for and looked good.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

@mitsuhide, cool. congrats

what new feature that has been introduced into jrpg's this gen, is your favorite and do u wana see it added into new games as well?

Golden Sun!!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Personally, I think Parasite Eve is the perfect chance for Square to jump into a new RPG realm. God knows they have to do something unless they plan on becoming a handheld developer and move away from being so Japanese-centric.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/