By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

@mjk45 you should get the wolrd ends with you and all the DQ remakes. the world ends with you is a mixture of action and rythm game really well done is definitly the best new rpg for the console and DQ is DQ you need no explanation as to why you need to get them

Around the Network

@emilie autumn

Yeah i know, i usually grinded along the coast of the island balamb garden was stationed because each fish gave almost 3 ap each.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

i should have infinite undiscovery beaten on this gamertag by sunday at the latest. i think this 2nd go around, the comedy is even funnier. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

i loved grinding at the islands "closest to heaven" and "hell", one for great exp and the other for on average of 60ap per fight, was very cool. also the deep research factility where bahamut was , was also a good spot to grind for ap and exp, in ff8.

i remember grinding in FFVII at the beach where the giant sand worms where
because i had a materia i didn't bother leveling up to i found out i needed it to help beat the ultima weapon under the sea and i needed to level it up quick

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

@mjk45

In FFVII the best spot for AP grinding was definetily the Cactuar island on the SW corner of the world map. Gave you huge amounts of SP each one (800 ap i believe) coupled with triple ap weapons or bangles that's 2400 per cactuar. Leveling up those materias was easy that way.

@ROBOTECHHEAVEN

Yeah those two islands were my favourite grinding spots late game, those blue dragon's gave you huge amounts of XP and AP for the GF's.
I'm going to buy IU this next week, with Fable 2 or PSU, haven't yet decided, and come april, i will be totally commited to SO 4 :)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

2@lestatdark
,the reason i mentioned the giant worms was if i remember and i have been wrong before damn memory it was fairly late and the worms gave 1000 ap and you could knock em off in a round and they appeared one after the other
quick smart and i didn't realy need anything else

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

@lestatdark, pay close attention to the story later in the game for "infinite udiscovery". very interesting indeed. :)

Does anyone own Star Ocean: TLH? How is it?

@darkhaven63, yes i own the game. havent played it yet, because i am finishing up with infinite undiscovery. then i will play it.