By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RPG Genre Discussion Thread

No problem robotechheaven ;) i liked those two games, the first game more than the second, because of the sim city like managment of the cities, a shame that they took it out of the second.
Oh crap i forgot to put Terranigma, Illusion of Gaia and Soul blazer on the SNES list, damn, i was playing Terranigma today XD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Wow, robotech, what a list! I'll probably grab Star ocean soon (PSP version). What do you think about this game guys?

It's a great remake of the original Star Ocean, so if you've played any star ocean before, you'll love it ;) it's great seeing those games that you cherished when you were young, having a good revamp with great features like voice dialogue and better graphics, even if it's for the nostalgic feeling of playing something familiar again :)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I found Brave Story, on the PSP, really refreshing, despite its simplistic battle system. I can't put my finger on it, but it was way more enjoyable than the Legend of Heroes game which I am currently playing on it.

I'm working my way through Tales of Destiny (PS1) right now on my PS3. Its my first Tales game I've played for any significant amount of time (although I actually own several, including Vesperia, but not the the Wii one yet... long story).

I find the real-time battle system a little... wacky, although it is decently fun. I am dreading my first boss fight though -- I'm gonna get slaughtered, I know it. I despise the ATB system in FF -- I like to take my sweet time pondering, but the Tales system seems to remove most of the stress I have with FF's ATB.

I always loved the tales system, it makes you think quick and have a battle plan already formed in your mind. Mind you, tales of phantasia being the one i like the most in the Tales series, it had some really though battles, especially the final levels of morlia gallery, gods i always got slaugthered there, but thanks to a quick plan of karth's summoning Origin, Mint spamming Cure, Arche's Indignation and Cless Soul Wave technique, i was able to go through a pack of beastman and tuskboar without a hit xD

Current PC Build

Around the Network

@tremble the only thing i say about star ocean for the psp is only get it soon, if u can find it not at the full price they are asking for it $50, ok.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

the grandia series is another series that keeps u on your toes too.

i cant wait for the sequel for "tales of the world:radiant mythology",its suppose to come out in 09 for the psp.

hell yeah, even so, i found the first one more challenging than the others, except for a few battles in grandia 2. The Gaia fights in Grandia 1 are a huge pain if you are not prepared, magic wise. I would always use a character deeply focused on water for healing, and the other characters focused on lighting, blizzard and explosion for attack power. Oh and how about the power grinding to get Feena's Time Gate move...99 wind and 99 water XDDDDD

Edit - For 09 im looking forward to parasite eve the 3rd birthday...i have been waiting almost a decade for a new parasite eve game :D

Current PC Build

the game i want the most in the 1st quarter of 09 is without ? "star ocean 4:the last hope".