By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Ocean 4 and Final Fantasy XIII: Graphical Comparison (56k?)

Those FFXIII screen are from 2 years ago and even they look better then SO4. Have you seen the latest gameplay pics of FFXIII? Sorry but SO4 does not ever deserve yto be mentioned in the same sentence as FFXIII.

Around the Network
RPG said:
Those FFXIII screen are from 2 years ago and even they look better then SO4. Have you seen the latest gameplay pics of FFXIII? Sorry but SO4 does not ever deserve yto be mentioned in the same sentence as FFXIII.

What about WKC?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Dgc1808 said:
luisgvm said:

i think those pictures of star ocean are not ingame.

star ocean: i think this ones are ingame

final fantasy 13: i think this ones are ingame

i have to go with ff13.

If this is the case then FFXIII, not to mention it will be in development longer than SO4. But doesn't really matter to me, both games look very interesting.

exactly, i mean both games look AMAZINGGGG.

jesus kung fu magic said:
RPG said:

What about WKC?

The RPG man says WKC looks like a PS2 game. The RPG man also thinks Level 5 are useless developers.

so4 to ff13 is a more valid comparison then ffv13 because versus is not the main entry into the series. People can say its more important all they want but at the end of the day the majority of customers probably haven't even heard of versus yet.

Around the Network

Both look incredible, and I will be playing both since I own a 360:)

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

Zombl337 said:
Both look incredible, and I will be playing both since I own a 360:)

and i will be playing all 4 games mentioned in this thread being as i have a PS3 cus SO is going to go multi you heard it here first, and oh yh just incase it dont i got a 360 that is screaming for attention

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Both look amazing tbh and I too can't wait to play them both

CGI cutscene:
Ingame cutscene:

I like how SO4 looks ingame gameplay, i like how FFXIII looks ingame.
I like how FFXIII look ingame cutscenes, BUT SO4 cutscenes sux - BECAUSE characters look like DOLLS.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Both games look amazing. But going off the pictures that luisgvm posted, I think it's clear that Final Fantasy XIII looks better, and the pictures that were posted of XIII were about 2 years old. The latest screens of final fantasy XIII here http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2008/12/17/jump-scan-new-final-fantasy-xiii-battle-screenshots.html look awesome, so its hard to beat.
That said, I had no idea SO4, looked so good! It looks awesome.