By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Joystiq Teaches the Art of Quincying In Playstation Home

I think this is the funniest thing I've read about home (well except for Twestern's review)

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/12/12/how-to-perform-quincying-in-playstation-home/

Prep Work

• Create an attractive female avatar. This should not be very difficult.
  • Create a "Quincy" -- the most unappealing, disfigured Elephantine man as you can possibly craft using the avatar creation tools. Again, this should not be difficult. My Quincy looks a bit like an alternate-universe version of Perez Hilton, but with a curly mustache and clear side-effects of methamphetamine abuse.

Setting the Trap

• As your attractive female avatar (AFA), go to a crowded area. The central hub is a great place to learn how to Quincy, as it is full of lonely suitors and needless dancing.
  • Approach a lonely suitor.
  • Don't just run up and start dancing. Strike up a conversation, ask where they're from. Get them interested.
  • After cordial introductions, begin dancing with a suitor. Should other suitors begin to dance with and/or cat-call you, all the better -- but keep your focus on the original suitor.
  • When you're positive you've got all the suitors' attention, and you're in the middle of a provacative dance, you're ready to go.

Springing the Trap

• The Art of Quincying is not just the action itself, but the build-up. If you've followed directions so far, you've probably got a nice following.
  • Your Quincy can't just appear, you need to say something in the chat to hint at the fact that things are about to get very, very weird for any and all nearby suitors.
  • Suggestions: Simply shout "IT'S A TRAP" or, when asked where you're from, answer "Your nightmares."
  • As SOON as said message is transmitted, open up your wardrobe menu, and switch to your Quincy.
  • Exit the menu as quickly as possible. If done correctly, your avatar will have continued its provocative dance, albeit with a new, horrifying appearance.

Aftershocks

• The typical male reaction to a well-executed quincying is an immediate ceasing of dancing, and a hasty retreat from the newly transformed Quincy.
  • Occasionally, a suitor will stick around, laughing the experience off. This behaviour should be discouraged.
  • Deliver said discouragement by changing back to your AFA, and resume dancing with the suitor.
  • The loneliest suitors will continue their dance, though perhaps with a healthy amount of trepidation.
  • Punish their persistence with a swift revert back to the Quincy.
  • Repeat as needed.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

ahahahahahahaha :D

"ewwwwwww" - priceless!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

LOL!!! That's funny...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

That's hilarious. Home can be pretty cool.

Around the Network

omg i'm crying of laugher hahah the video is great

LMAO @ guns at end

The hell? ROFL!!!!! thats some funny stuff, ima go on home now to mess with these freaks.

wat

That's ownage.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Good stuff! I gotta try that!

Tifa got MOVES!

Its pathetic and crafty all at once. LMAO!!!